Founder at Wellspring Consultancy
Views:1412 Applications:248 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:248
Senior Vice President/Head - Legal - Banking Captive (15-20 yrs)
We are hiring Head of Legal for India (Senior Vice President) from a Banking Captives is a mandatory for our Banking & Financial Services client based at Pune location.
Reports: Functionally to APAC Head of Legal and locally to India Country Executive
The successful candidate will serve as primary legal adviser for the Company's Indian subsidiaries and will form an important part of the offshore executive team.
- Provide sound and practical legal advice to the India executive team;
- Support the legal needs of all India business units and corporate functions;
- In conjunction with other members of the global Legal Department, manage legal matters before any court, tribunal or government authority in India;
- Provide legal advice and guidance regarding compliance with existing and new statutory requirements applicable to company in India (including companies law, telecommunications / technology law, data privacy law, labour law and employment law);
- Liaise with external counsel and industry bodies to determine the potential impact of regulatory developments to company's Indian business;
- Assist the business in developing a governance framework for compliance with statutory requirements;
- Establish and maintain effective external counsel relationships;
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of legal agreements including labour supply agreements, employment contracts, procurement contracts with 3rd party vendors and suppliers, lease agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other project related contracts;
- Maintain all relevant inter-company service agreements.
Desired Skills & Qualification:
- Qualified legal professional with at least 15-20 years legal experience in a global organisation, with experience as the organisation's chief legal adviser for its India operations preferred;
- Extensive corporate governance experience, including primary responsibility for overseeing the corporate governance framework of one or more Indian legal entities;
- Extensive experience in the Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) sector is essential;
- Experience working in the ITES sector for a global financial services organisation and an awareness of global financial services regulatory matters is preferred;
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of, and extensive experience in advising on, laws applicable to the ITES sector, including SEZ / STPI compliance, corporate law, telecommunication / technology laws (including OSP compliance); employment and labour laws;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise and effective manner;
- Strong legal drafting skills, with extensive hands on experience in contract drafting and negotiation;
- Strong organizational and inter-personal skills and a demonstrated ability to work autonomously as an individual contributor;
- Excellent research and analytical skills and the ability to exercise judgment and discretion on Indian legal issues;
- A demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix environment and identify issues that require escalation within the legal department.