Senior Executive - Human Resources at RK World Infocom
Views:970 Applications:290 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Senior Vendor Manager - eCommerce - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (5-9 yrs)
Senior Vendor Manager
Reporting Manager: BTL
People Manager Role: No
About RK World:
RKWI Is an authorized exclusive seller for FMCG products on a leading e-commerce platform in India with annualized revenues touching a billion dollars. The Company employs more than 100 professionals and engages with more than top 400 consumer brands across India. The core strength of the Company is its ability to manage the complex and high-volume operations across 125+ fulfilment centers spread across the country using state of the art technology on all fronts from procure to pay, logistics, reporting, etc. The Company has gone live on Oracle Financials to support its business and envisaged growth and has also outsourced its entire financial processes to a leading service provider with defined SLA's to focus on its core strength of creating scalable business processes.
The Senior Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and brand advocate within RKWI, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task with a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of RK's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
A successful SVM will be able to:
Act as the business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize RK's business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external
stakeholders, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Post Graduation from Tier 1 institutions.
- 5+ years experience in Account Management, Project/Program Management, or Buying
- Experience using data to influence business decisions
- Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
- 5+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
- 5+ years experience in negotiations and vendor management
- Relevant senior level experience in consulting, retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Experience launching a new country
- Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function.