Consultant at Live Connections
Views:1164 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Senior Team Manager - Direct Tax - BFSI (5-8 yrs)
The role is designed for Leading one or more teams of finance and tax professionals involved in the delivery of activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team. The role also involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a reviewer of a limited number of high complex/material legal entities/AoO's. It requires very good stakeholder management skills, understanding of Direct tax compliance and Group reporting.
More specifically, the accountabilities include the following -
Candidate should possess good understanding and ability to guide the team on the following:
- US GAAP, IFRS and Tax Accounting practices
- Various Control Frameworks and controls in a tax environment
Ensure sound HSSE practice in day-to-day work.
- Processes and systems
Ensuring Business/process responsibilities and managerial metrics are met;
Identify and carry out where relevant Senior/Second level reviews of material returns/tax reporting;
Proactively engage in strategising the MDT process systems & data requirements and participate & lead in initiatives for systems and process changes;
Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and provide guidance to enable incorporation of such changes in the process as may be relevant;
Proactively engage in issues like ownership of Key tax Assumptions, Work Instructions & Training framework and ensuring that the same are kept upto date and robust;
Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities;
Provide steer in prioritization of work engagements, managing team timelines in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and planning resourcing on an ongoing basis.
- Provide steer in identification, prioritization & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets and implementation of projects.
People and stakeholder management :
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution with feeder processes/business;
- Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant;
- Direct Taxation Skill - Able to carry through changes in practices in the business where necessary to keep processes and practices fiscally robust.
- Guides others on the application of financial and tax accounting principles and translates Group and International tax accounting standards into actions.
Process and Data Management Knowledge - Enthusiastic and proactive at engaging with colleagues on the power of metrics based disciplined operations, Continuous Improvement and Data Quality Assurance to drive Operational Excellence across E2E processes.
- Understands basics of Process and Data thinking and Continuous Improvement techniques and is able to advise colleagues on those.
- Manages day to day operations of a sub-process covering one or more location, system and/or organization (including staffing, competence and performance management).
- Knows and uses the design and Standard Operating Procedures of the process they operate.
- Understands how their work and actions drive the E2E process and data performance.
- Leads effectively Process Performance reviews or Visual Management sessions for own area of responsibility.
- Proactively shares experiences (successful or not) to create an environment where Operational Excellence is valued and rewarded.
Governance and Assurance Knowledge - Understands in broad terms the governance (organization, roles, relationships, processes, standards) of own business area.
- Has a working knowledge of the main requirements of the Control Framework and can advise on incident reporting requirements.
- Defines and maintains manual of authorities for specific business area/legal entities.
- Manages specific assurance activities in support of management's self-assessment, understands the relationships to the business objectives and associated risks.
Business Performance Management Knowledge - Understand that value creation (cash focus) within certain (risk) boundary conditions is the purpose of performance management.
- Articulate the rationale of current strategies based on the external and competitive environment. Knows the Group Scenarios and the role they play in development of strategy.
- Understand the purpose and key elements of the various planning processes (strategic, target setting and budgeting) at a country, business unit or Function level, and understands the relevant interfaces with the Group, other Businesses and Functions.
- Understand the process, organisation and systems that deliver Management Information. Uses MI to analyse business results, identifies internal and external performance factors, as well as potential improvement opportunities.
- Aware of the key value drivers that drive performance improvement, including sales, working capital management (stocks, receivables and payables), cost, operational availability, and can describe the associated risks.
- Understand the key concepts of portfolio management, including organic and inorganic investments and divestments
Business Partnering Knowledge - Keen understanding of key business drivers, current business priorities and critical issues of the Business(es)/Function(s) with which they are involved.
- Articulates the value-add of Finance to the Business/Function.
- Practises effective advocacy and inquiry, uncovering implicit issues/needs.
- Delivers on promises.
- Knowledge of various influencing styles and impact of self in interpersonal relationships.
- Has understanding of critical relationships within business and function and whom to engage in various situations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.