Managing Partner at Dimensions HRD Consultants
Views:266 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Tax Analyst - Electricals/SwitchGears (3-7 yrs)
- The Tax Analyst will be a key contributor to the corporate tax function as well as other locations, reporting to the Tax Manager. The right individual will be very hands-on, available to work few hours during US time zones during close. This role will include, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Prepare annual ASC 740 tax provision and related footnote disclosures for SEC filings including deferred tax balances, effective tax rate calculations and supporting workpapers for tax footnote disclosures.
- Prepare quarterly income tax effective tax rate calculation under ASC 740.
- Prepare jurisdictional netting entries, tax payable account reconciliation and roll-forwards, deferred tax account reconciliation, general ledger reconciliations for tax accounts as part of month-end close
- Prepare all estimated tax payment calculations for the federal and state income tax jurisdictions.
- Preparation of federal and state income tax returns workpapers including coordinating with outside tax providers for the preparation of Federal and State tax returns.
- Prepare provision to return true up entry once tax returns are filed.
- Prepare state-by-state apportionment calculation
- Maintain Tax calendar to ensure timely filing of all returns.
- Ensure SOX control documentation is complete
- Keep updated on global tax law changes and address financial and operational implications
- Facilitate communication and correspondence with external consultants
- Proactively engage with other departments to help resolve tax issues and drive the business objectives forward
- Identify process improvements for various tax processes, implement changes for best practices
- Participate in other special projects as needed
- CA required. Master's in taxation, CPA exam cleared, and Big 4 experience would be a plus
- 5-7 years of corporate tax experience including both industry and public accounting required
- Strong ASC 740 background with at least 2 yrs. experience calculating tax provisions under U.S GAAP
- Knowledge of conceptual and computational aspects of tax provision, effective rate analysis and financial statement disclosure
- Must be able to work in an environment which requires that the candidate be willing and able to tackle a wide range of tax-related project regardless of prior experience.
- Experience researching tax issues, including the ability to analyze the issues and to clearly communicate the conclusions both orally and in writings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with team members at all levels of the organization
- Team oriented, self-motivated and willing to take ownership of projects
- Strong MS Excel skills required, experience with provision software and/or ERP environment a plus