Senior Statistician Modeling & Validation Role - Consulting Firm (3-9 yrs)
We are hiring for a global leader in outcome-based marketing, a global company with about 9,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world.
The company's award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world's top brands, agencies and publishers, they are a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs.
Who we are looking for
The Data Science expert will partner with both internal and external clients and data providers, leveraging predictive analytics and advanced statistical techniques to drive strategic thought and effective decision making. The core charter is to develop analytics/machine learning solutions, products using both internal and external data across the customer journey to drive Acquisition, engagement, Retention using advanced Analytics, Machine Learning capabilities and data platforms. The individual is someone who can rapidly navigate from generating the idea to implementing the solution and has a passion to see own work translated in business results. He will own end-to-end the scope, management and delivery of large-scale projects, with strong focus on customer insights, data quality, automation, process improvement and efficiency.
- Deliver ML / DL projects from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, exploratory data analysis, data processing, aggregating data, feature engineering, building and validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
- Use advanced statistical techniques and concepts such as regression, classification, clustering, tree-based learning, support vector machine, and artificial neural networks for model building.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Provide requirements to develop analytical capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Automate processes to ensure scalability of solutions by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Post Graduate in quantitative discipline mandatory (e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics,analytics)
- 3 to 9 years of relevant experience in data science
- Primary experience with data scripting languages such as Python/ SAS and SQL and experience using ML libraries
- Statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab), Knowledge of SparkML will be an added advantage.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with ML and DL algorithm
- Experience of working with large data sets and developing scalable solutions.
- Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, Experience giving data presentations, strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and deal with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills.