Talent Acquisition Role at Thimblerr Commerce & Technology
Views:197 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Senior Specialist - Fabric & Raw Material Sourcing (10-17 yrs)
Sr. Specialist - Fabric & Raw Material Sourcing
ABOUT THE COMPANY :
Thimblerr is an early-stage company with a mission to disrupt how fashion brands manufacture and source their products. We are creating 'AWS for fashion' that helps brands of all sizes to design and manufacture their product in the nimblest and most demand-linked fashion. By leveraging cutting-edge tech and data, we aim to solve for each step of the fashion supply chain in the USD 800Bn global manufacturing market.
Founded and led by IIT Kanpur and NIFT alumni with deep industry knowledge and entrepreneurial experience, Thimblerr is backed by top investors and caters to clients in 5 countries and counting!
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The role Sr. Manager - Fabric & Raw material sourcing is focused on building and scaling up the entire raw material development and sourcing function for the company. They will work with design, merchandising and factory teams to fulfil the business objectives and reduce turnaround times. They will build and train a team of associates who help run day to day operations at scale. This role directly reports to Head - Design and product development
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Supporting product development, merchandising team and brands on all fabric related issues in terms of on time and quality.
2. Articulating global fabric insights, and innovations and understanding on how those will impact the applications on the Final design.
3. Building internal and client specific raw material libraries to support their garmenting needs
4. Working closely with the Design, Manufacturing, Product Management & other teams from development of fabric to bulk procurement
5. Partnering with fabric mills to build and sustain quality relationships and travel as required to textile mills and textile fairs.
6. Reviewing and testing the fabric quality/shade and negotiating with suppliers for best quotes
7. Assessing the mill performance as well as identifying areas requiring quality and service improvement using the industry knowledge.
8. Assess and mitigate risk at fabric level and propose solutions ensuring compliance with standards, both human and environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS :
1. Degree or diploma in Textile, Fashion Design or related field preferred (from NIFT or TIT&S). 10+ years of related experience in knits in top brands or buying houses
2. Textile knowledge, and with comprehensive knowledge of the end-to-end development, quality check and merchandising process.
3. Proven experience in staff or mills training, specific on quality / colour approval is a PLUS.
4. Proficiency in using MS office & knowledge in PLM.
1. A Competitive salary and high ESOPs - we want our early leaders to think like entrepreneurs & grow fast. If you do well, we'll create wealth for you.
2. Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
3. Relocation support and reimbursements, if you are changing cities
4. Healthy meal plans and stocked pantry, at the office
5. Other Professional development support. Anything that will sharpen your skill set, is on us.