Senior Role - Legal - Real Estate/Commercial Warehousing (10-20 yrs)
- Handling litigations, notices, disputes related to the Company including but not limited to existing lands and warehouses.
- Structuring and devising land acquisition strategies as per prevailing land laws in various states PAN India.
- Preparing requisition lists and coordinating with developers/aggregators on procurement of land documents.
- Running title diligence process through third-party advisors and local lawyers; reviewing land title search reports and coordinating with third-party legal consultants to identify and highlight issues relating to the proposed land.
- Drafting and reviewing title documents and other documents related to land use and providing legal advice on title.
- Drafting and vetting of correspondence with land developers and legal contractors.
- Managing, reviewing, and updating Land registration and Lease agreement of current and future assets.
- Section 138 matters, property matters, consumer law and company law.
- Drafting of various business agreements & documents such as non-disclosure Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, Leave & License Agreement, Agency Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement, Joint Venture Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, Asset Purchase Agreement, Service Agreement, Marketing Agreements, Lease Agreements, Franchisee Agreements, Professional Contracts and other commercial Agreements, Information Technology based Agreements, Labour Agreements and bringing in standardization in documentation work.
- Overseeing the litigation and recovery function, guiding the team to ensure complete ownership of legal function of the company.
- Liasoning with Local Police Station, Advocates and other Government, Statutory and Local Authorities with regard to civil, criminal. Labour and other disputed matters.
- Managing litigations in the court of law and through the arbitration process.
- Handle compliance consisting of various laws including direct and indirect taxes.
- Well versed with Land laws across states in India, law of contracts, Commercial Laws and Corporate Laws.
- Proficiency in drafting, vetting, scrutinizing, inspecting various legal and commercial contracts / documents and guiding on all legal matters.
- Expertise in liasoning with Govt. officials
- Extensive experience in managing legal matters related to land acquisition, preferably across different states