Senior Role - Legal Employment Counsel - Financial Institution (8-12 yrs)
Co profile : Leading Banking and Financial Institution
Reporting : This role reports into the Managing Counsel - International Employment.
Matrix reporting : The position will functionally report out-of-region to the Managing Counsel and is expected to partner closely with the existing APAC Employment Counsel
The need for this new position has arisen due to a significant increase in the amount of Employment Law support activity within the region arising from an increasingly complex regulatory and legal environment, growing team member population and a greater need for collaboration with other HR, Legal, Compliance and Risk partners to deliver company objectives.
Skills and Certifications :
- Providing day-to-day legal advice on the broad spectrum of employment-related matters to the India team and other key partners, such as Legal, Compliance, Risk and line of business stakeholders;
- Managing employment threats and/or claims arising within the region, and working closely with HR, Employee Relations (ER) and other stakeholders to develop and execute plans to bring such matters to a satisfactory resolution;
- Providing timely input on enterprise and regional HR and employment law related initiatives; such as review of incentive plans, benefit plans, new policies and procedures, and new processes;
- Keeping abreast of latest developments in employment law and communicating these developments to stakeholders within the region and the APAC region in a timely and thoughtful manner;
- Providing subject matter expertise to disciplinary and conduct committees as appropriate;
- Liaising with and appearing before labour and other statutory bodies with respect to labour law compliance matters; and
- Managing outside counsel relationships.
Experience : 8- 12 years of experience
Location : Bangalore, Hyderabad or Chennai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.