Senior Role - Financial Reporting - BFSI (15-20 yrs)
Plans, schedules, and manages the strategy and workflow of the Alternatives Investment group. Maintains strong relationships with onshore stakeholders. Evaluates and recommends process improvements, resulting in better service delivery and cost reduction to Bank.
1. Plans, schedules, and manages the daily workflow of a group of 150 FR staff across two locations.
2. May be required to perform a technical review of private equity fund and hedge fund financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP and regulatory requirements.
3. Set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of service; conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance.
4. Ensures timely and accurate production of financial statements and related regulatory filings, as applicable, for each client relationship.
5. Maintains positive relationships with clients and State Street coworkers.
6. Sets clear client expectations and engage in pro-active communication with onshore teams to meet and balance their expectations.
7. Oversees the effective coordination of activities with other departments.
8. Ensures all personnel are appropriately selected, thoroughly trained and given timely and complete performance evaluation feedback.
9. Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as makes recommendations for changes.
10. Facilitates the successful start-up of new funds and conversion of new clients. Ensures thorough, proper planning and coordination.
11. Ensures effective use of reporting system and makes recommendations for system enhancements.
12. Remains informed of regulatory changes and new industry and competitor developments.
13. Evaluates staffing needs while continually striving for greater efficiencies.
14. Develop internal training classes with the training liaison.
15. Other special projects or tasks assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required. 15 years+ experience, Financial services preferred. 4-7 years supervisory experience required.
- Prior Fund Accounting and/or Financial Reporting experience preferred. (Big 4 Funds audit manager (or strong assistant manager) / supervisory role at other fund administrators), ACCA a plus.
- Experience with recruitment, retention and performance management of a team.
- Experience in managing team members and overall supervision of teams and client deliverables.
- Strong computer skills - advanced knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Proven track record in managing large scale off-shoring initiatives
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong time/project management skills (ability to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, take initiative and offer solutions.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.