Director at Quest HR Solutions
Views:1676 Applications:171 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:146
Senior Research Analyst - Counterparty Credit Risk Assessment - Financial Institutions (3-6 yrs)
- The role entails supporting credit risk management teams of global banks in counterparty credit risk assessment of insurance companies (both non-life and life).
- The expectation from the candidate would be to manage small teams, engage with clients, and prepare detailed credit reviews on insurance and pension counterparties.
- Should be able to draft high quality credit analysis reports by drawing upon linkages between macro factors, regulations, and industry-specific nuances to formulate a credit view. Should be able to defend his/her views on the counterparty / covered entity when challenged by senior stakeholders and clients.
- Track market events closely and assess implications on the coverage portfolio
- Support senior managers on ad hoc projects.
- The role may also require training and mentoring colleagues on specific aspects of credit risk.
- Should have 3+ years of experience specifically in counterparty credit risk assessment or credit research or equity research
- Strong understanding of core finance and accounting concepts.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate analytical thoughts in a crisp, concise and precise manner.
- Should be able to independently assess counterparties without relying on readily available research.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to participate/contribute as a team player.
- Should be willing to put in the extra hours when tight deadlines need to be met.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment that may entail multi-tasking.
- Prior experience in fundamental analysis of insurance companies is mandatory.
- An understanding of global insurance regulations would be preferable.