Consultant at Greenhill Consulting LLP
Views:467 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Senior Relationship Manager - BFS (10-15 yrs)
- MBA / CA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Foreign bank experience or Private bank experience
- Prior experience in managing select large conglomerate groups from Mumbai,
- Focus on originating new clients from South and identified new geographies.
- Open to international travel to key geographies with existing client exposures.
- Good knowledge in assessing reading financial statements, credit documentation.
- Should possess robust knowledge on Indian market, especially in corporate banking
- Sophisticated approach in client meetings and internal engagements
Client management :
- Manage select existing relationships in West India and focusing on new origination from South India
- Products covered include
- All corporate banking products primarily covering INR loans, Export & Import loans, Deposits, Local current accounts. EEFC accounts
- Providing solutions to Indian clients for their Africa requirements for Trade and working capital, Currency risk solutions, Financing
- Manage and originate deals from existing and target clients for exposures in India and Company's African franchises.
- Take full ownership (risk and revenue) of the client as the Global Account Manager for Indian clients across company's geographies.
- Regular interaction with regional teams, HO teams for client origination. International travel to these geographies is required.
- Focus on deriving maximum value by way of ancillary revenue from existing clients.
- Bringing up and design new products in line with other Banks in the Market to increase corporate loans portfolio
- Regular peer-bank engagement on client portfolio with focus on risk matrices.
- Research market information for new developments/products being proposed/developed/launched by other Banks
- Ensure adequate client coverage from CFO to operating level teams.
- Target and scout for structured transaction opportunities from clients.
Internal process management :
- Primary focus expected is to work with clients and originate & manage exposures.
- Candidate should ensure to adequately cover the client's daily requirements through Associate Relationship Managers.
- Review RBI policies and subsequently approach internal compliance teams for guidance on specific client queries and transactions.
- Working with the Head of credit, credit analysts and jointly presenting the credit applications to the Credit committee.
- Participate in healthy debates related to credit applications.
- Having regular interactions with regional teams for evaluating credit proposals, origination of Indian client opportunities in Africa.
- Evaluate the entire India portfolio and Africa portfolio of clients from return on capital, ancillary income etc.
- Performance measurement will be for the India portfolio and the Global Accounts management portfolio.
- Regular updation of the CRM related to client calls