Senior Recruiter at SP Staffing Services
Views:2241 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:109
Senior Public Policy Manager - Digital Media & Internet Services (8-16 yrs)
The Manager, Digital Media Policy, India, will lead the Public Policy team's advocacy efforts for Our Client's various digital and media business across India. The Manager will also coordinate Our Client's engagement in relevant trade associations and coalitions and assist with outreach to relevant local authorities in India.
The Manager of Digital Media Policy will work with the India Public Policy, Our Client Prime Video, Our Client Studio business, Our Client Devices, legal, content and PR teams across Our Client to establish the public policy and advocacy agenda for the aforementioned areas, and coordinate with the relevant business units to ensure alignment with business priorities and goals. The Manager will be responsible for effectively engaging with legislators, key officials, regulators, and their staff, and bringing Our Client thought-leadership and excellence in the field of digital technology, content creation, video streaming, and content services investments. The Manager will monitor and report relevant legislative and regulatory activity, develop positioning and mitigation/engagement strategies, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives. The key focus for this role is, in particular, supporting the business on policies related to video on demand, intermediary liability, content regulation, and network policy. The Manager will also work to explore opportunities for partnerships of Business and Government stakeholders.
As appropriate, the Manager will work with others on the India Public Policy team and International Public Policy Team to facilitate high-level meetings for executives and business leaders with key policymakers, association executives, and other relevant stakeholders.
As a member of the India Public Policy team, the Manager will cultivate relationships with the Indian Government, and Parliament, and regulatory bodies. The Manager will work with the team to determine, maintain, and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations.
The position is based in Delhi, with regular travel across India.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with, and a keen working understanding of, India's policy-making and regulatory processes.
- Policy experience in equivalent position within the industry (preferably in the audiovisual or digital technology sector), within a public administration, incorporate government relations, and/or in a trade association.
- Experience managing policy issues related to content creation and/or digital devices sectors.
- Fluent in English.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You can create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and you can persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences. You can interject your point intelligently, concisely, and in a friendly way.
- High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
- A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills. You can intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
- Critical thinking. You can process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend the best course of action.
- A collaborative work attitude used to work in multi-discipline teams including legal and technical
- A solid understanding of (or a desire to learn) about innovative technologies and new ways of delighting customers.
- An ability and desire to travel.
- Juris Doctor or Master's Degree, experience/background/certification in the field of data protection is a plus.
Our Client is an equal opportunities employer.
SP Staffing Services