Managing Consultant at HR Avenues
Views:15025 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Senior Public Health Specialist (14-18 yrs)
Senior Public Health Specialist
Responsibilities Overview :
- Help design, prepare & support the implementation of investments in health, participate at the technical level in operations, and develop strategies and prepare health sector analytic work.
- Contribute to universal health coverage through wide array of analytical and advisory services, engage in strategic partnerships with partner institutions, and manages an active lending portfolio
- Identify critical gaps in knowledge and identify opportunities to address those gaps.
- Lead /contribute to the generation of knowledge in the health sector in India on topics such as aging, chronic diseases, malnutrition, public health, health financing and health systems development.
- Provides high level policy advice to federal and local governments in India in the area of health systems reform; offers international comparative perspectives, and recommends policy options and implementation strategies.
- Will be expected to play an important role in the dialog on reforms, risk pooling & system development in the health sector at state level, to provide technical value added to government counterparts, & to be able to manage donor relations.
- Maintain a constructive relationship with key partners and interacts with counterparts in Government and international organizations
- Represents the organisation at key local and international conferences and meetings.
- Build and maintains relations and networks to enhance collaboration where relevant, and liaise with relevant in relation to private-public partnership approaches.
- Advises client and colleagues on technical matters to ensure the quality of financed activities (lending, technical advice, and implementation support), conducts technical reviews of the key outputs from the unit and gives guidance to teams to ensure coherence and relevance of policy advice and project design.
- Lead in the development of new business in the country in the health sector, including the expansion of new lending operations, technical advisory services, and fee-based advisory services.
- Lead missions and supervise projects in the health sector; oversees the work of consultants and technical specialists to ensure consistency and conformity to specified standards.
Candidate Profile :
Master's degree or higher in health policy health management and or health economics or a related field and demonstrated ability to translate analytical/technical skills into innovative operational results.
- Upward of 13-15 years experience in and expertise gained working on Public Health issues,
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with health sector reforms in India and or countries facing similar issues in the sector
- Is familiar with the current debates, issues and approaches in the global thinking on health systems, links to growth and poverty reduction.
- Understands policy making process and role of the health sector in that process.
- Possesses policy dialogue skills - Identifies and assesses policy issues and communicates findings/points of view verbally and through economic reports and papers. Plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders
- Experience in addressing complex issues, and in designing, organizing and helping to implement programs.
This job description is intended as a representation of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.