Senior Project Manager - Finance & Accounts (7-13 yrs)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION : A Project manager is responsible for Coordinating internal resources and vendors for the flawless execution of projects and ensuring that all F&A projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These are the most significant job duties performed; other responsibilities or assignments not specifically mentioned may also be assigned
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all F&A projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ability to call out risks and do a thorough impact analysis of delays etc - with a clear mitigation plan, and alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- This Job has no direct supervisory responsibilities but in special circumstances may lead the work of others, such as partner teams or on drive initiatives on behalf of organization stakeholders
- Incumbents with more experience may be called upon to mentor, train, and guide newer/less experience team members; and could also be a backup for their manager.
DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
Minimum Required Education: Bachelors Degree (B.Com)
Minimum Required Experience: 7+ years
Desirable Education/Experience : PMP certified / MBA
- Active Project Management experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES (list special certifications/licenses that are required or desirable to perform this job) - N/A
JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical Skills :
- Identifies and resolves problems.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong math aptitude.
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Performs complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems.
- Produces unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations.
- Develops insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results.
- Composes thorough and detailed written technical documentation, procedures, manuals, etc.
Communication Skills :
- Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
- Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
Time Management Skills -
- Demonstrates follow-up skills.
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
Leadership Skills (for Managers/Supervisor):
- Effective organizational, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong business focus with demonstrated ability to act in partnership with management teams.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees.
Performs with high level of initiative exhibiting persistence and willingness to stimulate new ideas within the organization.
- Takes calculated risks, makes strategic, results-oriented decisions, and accepts responsibility for the results (positive or negative).
Technical Competencies :
Basic Computer Skills :
- Basic knowledge / Strong Fluency /Expert-level user of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer.
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to create complex formulas in MS Excel; create queries in company software applications.
Other Technical / Computer Skills -
- Thorough knowledge of internal company software applications applicable to position/business unit
- Acts as subject matter expert and provides training, troubleshooting and other support for software applications managed by business unit (i.e. COGNOS, FIS, Incentive Scorecards)
- Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.