Senior Professional - Group Assurance & Risk Management - BFSI (8-10 yrs)
Areas of Assistance Major Activities % of Time
- Monitoring initiatives, developing Points of view and identifying emerging trends in Risk control.
- Development and presentation of Annual operating plans, preparing for mid year reviews
- Summarizing into reports the Critical actions to be taken and following upon the same
- Managing the group Assurance calendar for the year
Enterprise Risk Management
- Monitoring the RMF in each organisation
- Developing a risk management Framework for new entities.
- To identify risk in an evolving business environment and model.
- Driving initiatives across the group in Risk Management
- Developing a Risk Management Framework for BFS and creating templates for monitoring and reporting.
- Develop Business impact analysis and develop Risk Radars for each identified risk.
- Preparing Group Alerts, Bulletins, Points of view and trends in Risk
- Preparing Power point presentation of Risk Reviews with Risk Committee and the Board of Directors.
Accounting policies and financial statement Reviews
- Assess impact of proposed standards and provide guidance on implementation
- To identify diverse Accounting policies and bring about consistency to the extent possible
- To identify interpretations of standards and assist in proposing the best options for the group. 20%
Mergers & Acquisition
- Evaluation of acquisition proposals
- Participate in due diligences and develop summaries for Sr. Management and Audit Committee.
- As and When
Legal Compliance Framework
- Review of Compliance reports and effectiveness of Compliance tools
(Describe the major challenges you face on an on-going basis in carrying out your job).
- Rapidly evolving business environment exposes the company to many threats internal and external. Speed in identification and mitigation is key
- External events are frequent and pose as early warning signs of disruptive environment. Identification and response is also the key but a challenge.
- Identifying the devil in the details is a challenge in a very complex business model.
(Mention the key decisions taken by job holder at his end and the decisions for which the job holder goes to superior with options and recommendations or seek approval).
- Decisions made by job holder
- As per the defined authority matrix created by Board of Directors
- Execution Authority of pre-approved strategies and plans
- To represent and put forward views in management meetings where invited.
- To represent in the pre-Audit Committees of the group.
- Recommendations to or approval by superior
- Approval of all actionable and communications
- Any Deviations from pre-approved plans and strategies.
- Approval of any Budgets (including to drive Initiatives)
(Describe the job roles that you interact with inside or outside the company to enable you to meet your accountabilities and the key expectations from these interactions. Also mention purpose).
- Roles you need to interact with inside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
- President-GA Risk and M&A: As immediate superior
- Internal Auditors: for reviews, planning and report discussions
- ERM teams and CRO: for reviews, planning and group Risk presentations
- Legal Secretarial Compliance teams & Heads: Review and discussions
- Audit Committee Chairman: Pre-audit committee discussions on IA, Risk and Compliance points.
- Roles you need to interact with outside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
- Statutory Auditors: on financial statements, Audit Reports and Accounting Standards.
- Regulators : discussions on views and evolution of regulations
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (State the minimum acceptable proficiency for this job which best indicates the education and/or experience requirements of this job and not the incumbent).
- (Add on) MBA - Finance or the like
Functional Skills & Behavioral Skills
- Experience in Enterprise Risk Management
- Extensive exposure to financial services
- Experience in Transactional aspect of M&A with fair knowledge of related laws.-
Relevant and total years of Experience
- At least 15 years of work experience.
- Of which at least 10 years of experience in a leading organisational in a mid to Sr. management role in related industry/function.
- Should have been with a big four accounting firm for at least 5 years in mid to Sr.level of the organisation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.