Head Search Solutions at Winning Edge India
Views:1463 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Senior Production Engineer - Supply Chain Auditor - FMCG (5-8 yrs)
EXEMPT JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title : Sr. Production Engineer (Supply Chain auditor) Individual Contributor
PRIMARY FUNCTION :
This role is to implement, maintain and improve traceability system along our supply chain from raw material source to end product. The scope includes products from softlines and hardlines with specific material claims (e.g. FSC, organic, Supima, recycled- ). This role will
- Ensure due diligence validation of product claims to our consumer (guest)
- Determine the optimal material claim validation approach for various categories of products.
- Collaborate with external certification bodies (FSC, GOTS, BCI, Oeko-tex, etc.) and internal stakeholders to drive program success.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assess and manage risk of material claims in various supply chain model for products including garment, bedding, wood based products, glassware, etc.
- Expertise on various type of COC certification systems. Understand risk of using and not using them for material claims. Aware of their limitation landscape globally.
- Build meaningful relationship with certification bodies to provide feedback to improve certifications we adopted
- Actively research and find resources to validate/support material claims needs
- Communicate expertise to HQ and global office counterparts regarding material claims/traceability audit if needed
- Collaborate with Product Safety and Quality Assurance team to perform and improve material claims/traceability audit
- Update corresponding material claims audit process document
- Maintain system solution to ensure CFTs have visibility to suppliers- certifications, audit reports, CAPs, etc.
- Support training to auditor & provide feedback to best method
- Participate in defining internal methodology and risk assessment tool to best support Target's needs.
- Partner with RS and sourcing team to vet certification programe for integrity risk
- 30% travel required
- Ad hoc duties
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- Material claims/tracebility auditing experience with Minimum 5 years- experience in industry
- Preferred bachelor degree in engineering and/or technical disciplines equivalent and/or retail compliance, quality management, product or manufacturing industry equivalent
- Expert in quality assurance processes, procedures and tools, able to determine the critical process to quality
- Familiarity with US product claim requirements
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas
- Works independently, good at decision making & critical thinking
- Language: fluent in English & Mandarin
- Computer skill: familiar with excel
- On time execution
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS :
- Experience in retail purchasing operations (Sourcing, procurement, QA, development, etc.)
- Experienced in New Product Introduction Process
- Certified Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean certified
- Access, VBA, intermediate excel and data science software
- Experienced in project management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.