Senior Product Manager - Real Estate (4-7 yrs)
Real estate as an asset class, until recently has been traditionally looked upon as one of the preferred choices for investors. With sole reliance on capital appreciation, no large effort has been made to utilize the rental potential of the asset. Meanwhile, in a growing economy, people migrate to places and they are in search for a house. Housing remains a basic need and it can be sufficed in many forms. While the aspirations of our core working population has increased multi-fold, the rental industry has failed to evolve with time. The home seekers still settle for what they think is the best solution but what they are getting is very mediocre to what they deserve.
The client is envisioned to be the most disruptive innovation in the real estate space which will unlock the potential of the real estate asset and re-define the - way of life- for consumers and owners. The client is a technology-based platform which enables RE asset owners to list their RE assets. The platform will add a bouquet of services to the product and certain add-ons to the product itself. Through its curated offering which offers homes representing comfort and convenience, consumers will rent into a lifestyle with an experience unlike any other and not just any average rented space. The offerings are designed to delight the urban consumer and intend to make renting much more desirable. Our vision to be the go-to brand for an unparalleled lifestyle experience through a bundle of products, services and a highly engaged community.
The Client is a series A funded start-up with the founding team having a mix of folks from IIM ABC, XL, ISB and the biggest names in the Indian real estate space.
You will create a product that users will love and have significant experience writing user stories with extreme detail! Managing the backlog and ensuring they deliver the highest value to the customer with the least effort!
The Product Owner / Product Manager will understand and educate others on lean thinking and lead the development team using a build, measure, learn philosophy. You will be accountable for the business value, delivered by internal and external development teams and be expected to ensure the output is measured and communicated. Being at the forefront of innovative technologies, the Product Owner / Product Manager will understand their relevance to the product along with an understanding of the needs of the customers.
Key Objective(s) of the role:
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from inception to production: Identify challenges, design solutions, set priorities and guide product development
- Understands customer needs and gather product requirements
- Translate business/product requirements into user stories
- Work closely with designers and developers, leading feature design and their execution
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product
- Provide clear direction to the development team regarding product requirements and prioritization of enhancements
- Work closely with the VP Product to prioritize the Jira backlog and re-adjust stories as required
- Facilitate the success of the scrum team during each sprint i.e. clarify requirements, reprioritize
work, review development releases and prioritize changes
- Collaborate with UX/UI partners to develop prototypes to deliver the high-level vision of the features
- Ensure all mobile app and web designs are designed to the appropriate standards in terms of UX / Usability / Accessibility
- Communicate and collaborate across departments as the product is released to the market
- Support the definition of a future Product Roadmap in conjunction with business requirements
- Oversee the training and onboarding of people using the products
- Agile/lean delivery team experience as a product owner/product manager
- Have experience from a small scale or start-up environment
- Expertise in stakeholder management, throughout every level of the organisation
- Experience ideally as a Scrum Master
- Over 4 years' product ownership experience preferred
- Experience launching and developing successful web and mobile apps;
- Commercial acumen and extensive user-growth experience
- Complete knowledge of the full product life cycle (SDLC)
- Expertise in MVT, A/B testing and prototyping best practice
- Excellent communication skills to a range of stakeholders
- Background in computer science or another quantitative field
- MBA from tier-1 B-school preferred
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience working on search-related products
- Experience in C2C marketplace products