Senior Product Manager - Consumer Electronics (8-12 yrs)
Our client is an Indian brand that competes with global giants in the space of smartphone accessories such as smart watches, wireless earbuds, bluetooth earphone, headphones, speakers and accessories for young Indian consumers.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Gurgaon, our client makes the latest personal technology accessories available and affordable.
They have been listed as best selling brand on Amazon and Flipkart for four years in a row and in 2019, they were the biggest Indian seller of wireless earphones in the country. Also, among the top 5 brands selling wireless earphones in India, they were the only Indian brand.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing and driving the entire product development process, both internally and externally, ensuring all stakeholder timelines and deliverables are met.
What you will do:
- Dealing with Chinese ecosystems/ suppliers is somewhat mandatory for the profile
- Leveraging techniques such as personas, stakeholder maps, customer journey maps, customer lifecycle maps, and user story mapping to develop and refine new product concepts
- Achieving product assortment goals while ensuring product quality and testing standards, as well as margin expectations, are met
- Working closely with sales to understand directives for customer projects, analyzing existing item sales and reviewing new product forecasts
- Vendor sourcing, negotiating for achieving cost-effective purchase of raw materials/ semi-finished goods and reduction in delivery times
- R&D on new products and categories
- Ordering, tracking, and updating warehouse and category team on status and progress
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Anticipating unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Solving issues and developing new solutions requiring new and innovative approaches
- Balancing both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction
- Identifying, developing, and maintaining vendor base for obtaining timely procurement of materials at favorable terms to ensure smooth operations
- Performing risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Managing & preparing performance reports and sharing the same with respective vendors and within the organization
Desired Candidate Profile:
What you need to have:
- Mandatory - BE/B.Tech(EEE, ECE, EIT only). MBA will be a value addition
- Strong experience of 8-12 years in a product-based organization (Consumer Electronics will be a plus)
- Extensive Knowledge about Sensors, IoT, and Electronics concepts for NPI
Industry- Electronics/ FMCG
- Comfort with understanding technical aspects of a product development process and communicating with engineering teams on trade-offs vs. implications
- Ability to ruthlessly drive and achieve business goals
- Exceptionally good at understanding business needs and brand vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and good at interacting with senior-level professionals
- Excellent presentation (PowerPoint and other presentation tools) skills
- Very good negotiation and query handling skills
- Target driven attitude
- Ability to keep calm and perform in a high-pressure business environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.