Assistant Director at Fields Of Purity
Views:712 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:146
Senior Procurement Officer - Agriculture/Construction/Defence/FMCG/Healthcare (10-25 yrs)
Senior Procurement Officer
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, develops and manages the procurement activities of project involving multi-million rupee expenditures for procurement of a broad range of commodities and services.
- Advises the senior officials; provides technical and policy advice on all aspects of procurement; develops and disseminates best practices.
- Leads and directs a procurement work team.
- Plans and allocates work assignments; coaches, mentors, and evaluates staff; participates in recruitment and selection of new staff and in the development of training programs.
- Analyzes unusually complex and/or critical procurement proposals of financial or operational impact determines appropriate strategy/approach to best serve institutional interests, and ensures implementation, including the authorization of exceptions to established rules, practices and procedures, as necessary following consultation with specialist procurement expert.
- Directs, manages and conducts planning, solicitation, negotiation, and, if necessary, termination of contractual and procurement action.
- Approves up to authorized limit within delegated authority, or, in cases where the amount exceeds the authorized limit, recommends approval of procurement contracts/purchase orders through submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Develops proposals on revisions to procurement policies and procedures.
- Develops and recommends strategy for the effective implementation of procurement policies and reforms.
- Represents the organization in key meetings with senior officials internally and government officials, and in negotiations with senior executives of various commercial organizations for the purpose of concluding major contracts.
- Provides direction and guidance to more junior staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.