Founder & Managing Director at HR Access Consulting
Views:301 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Senior Principal - Research - Communication & Media Industry (15-18 yrs)
SENIOR RESEARCH LEADER:
- The Communications and Media Industry comprises communication service providers (CSPs), and media and entertainment businesses.
- We seek an experienced thought leadership research leader in Communications & Media with a passion for rethinking how new technologies will change, transform, and impact this industry as well as identifying solution pathways to grow with the changes and challenges ahead.
- We are looking for someone with in-depth knowledge and experience of current business Communications and media industry topics - including the value chain, the company financial value drivers, the key players, the technology / IT evolution, data and AI, consumer trends - and a good understanding of the cross-industry synergies with communications, media and internet domains.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Influence and Execute Thought Leadership Agenda, including shaping and leading the development of external thought leadership, in close collaboration with senior business leaders.
a. Design and deliver innovative and complex research projects.
b. Drive innovation through a combination of new research tools, techniques, and approaches.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert recognized by inside and outside stakeholders including participating in projects as an industry expert, bringing insight and perspectives on the company's business, and supporting sales and delivery activities with current and prospective clients.
a. Act as a contributor in external publication mediums.
b. Publish and present in top-tier conferences, workshops, and journals
- Enhance marketplace reputation, working confidently with internal and external networks and other thought leaders on key relevant issues.
a. Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participation in community of practice, etc.) and externally (e.g., presentations in conferences, to clients).
b. Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations and researchers in academia.
- Be a talent magnet
Experience and skills :
- Recognized SME
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question
- Analytical skills, including understanding of how to leverage advanced analytics and generative AI to address research questions
- Ability to design, lead, and deliver highly complex and innovative thought leadership research through e.g. industry player benchmarking, financial analysis, or executive surveys
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute it
- Ability to craft original, relevant, and compelling business storylines
- Ability to address complexity in team management as well as project management
- Ability to lead discussions with and manage senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural team.