Founder/Managing Partner at People Hire Consulting
Views:4803 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Planning Analyst - Business Finance Partner - FMCG (5-8 yrs)
Purpose of the Job :
- To contribute to the development of a sound Corporate Strategic Plan for India, Sri Lanka and Nepal;
- Provide meaningful reporting on timely basis coupled with quality analysis on business performance;
- Contribute and participate in cross-function projects whilst ensuring that projects are consistent with the strategic direction of the business;
- Support the Project Management Office for the market and also extend support required at a market level to Regional Financial Planning.
Market Business Updates :
- Prepare regional reporting for India, Nepal and Sri Lanka (Monthly Market Business Updates) capturing information on New launches, packaging, price changes, regulatory, excise updates, GST changes etc. from various external and internal sources in order to make the updates exhaustive, informative and actionable.
- Provide analysis for management reporting at local level, including accurate and relevant information while improving quality and scope of the reports.
Project Management Office :
- Support the Project Management office by creating and maintaining important documents like project charter, budget sheets with relevant backups and track KPIs. Ensure timely regional reporting post internal review, and maintain consistency and accuracy in all calculations.
Analyze Impact of external environment on Business decisions :
- Monitor and analyze impact of changes in economic and regulatory environment, and taxation in forms of GST, Excise levy etc. through media monitoring and other sources. Maintain and update Tax Tables for India, Nepal and Sri Lanka as and when there are changes in taxation. Maintain and update Price Structures every quarter so to understand any pricing opportunity and update management.
Projections for Rolling Forecast :
- Prepare Volume, Share, Tax and Price assumptions for the Budget and Rolling Forecast, and contribute to the preparation of budget (and other) presentations for the Managing Director and any supplementary supporting material, including associated schedules to Regional Financial Planning.
- Prepare Industry Profitability report for regional submission, analyzing and forecasting the financial performance of key industry players.
- Build scenarios using modelling techniques, taking into account potential taxation and pricing, update management based on findings.
Support Senior Management on critical reviews/KPI Tracking :
- Work closely with the Planning Manager in anchoring critical presentations which includes OB / LRP, Commercial review or other business reviews.
- Assist Planning Manager in preparation of Pre-read/Strategy Paper and updation of the same on timely basis as per Regional calendar.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders / functions to put together the presentations of all functions.
- Work on MD's and CFO's presentations for town halls, Strategy meetings and other business meetings.
- Assist the Planning Manager in preparation of Business overview presentation for new joinees and for visitors from RHQ/OC/Others.
- Work closely with the Planning Manager in routine tracking of KPIs both at affiliate and department level
Cross-functional Projects :
- Contribute, as requested, to Business Development and Performance Improvement projects by analyzing potential and existing business and recommending alternative solutions in line with the strategic direction of the business.
- Conduct research/ studies jointly with other departments in order to provide volume projections (including Long Range Plans) and financial impact analysis.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing Teams to understand the changing trends in the market and gather information to enhance the knowledge base which can be used for better forecasting.
- Exposure to broad business issues and demonstrated analytical capability, along with the ability to work with people at all levels within the organization.
- 5 to 8 years experience in a Planning / Finance / Commerce or similar role within FMCG Company (highly preferred)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.