Co-Founder & Lead BD at Seven N Half
Views:1138 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Operations Manager - eCommerce Transportation Services (8-10 yrs)
Senior Operations Manager - Amazon Transportation Services
JD - Operations Manager
About the organization:
Amazon.com, Inc. is a US-based multinational electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com, Inc. in 1994 and launched it online in 1995. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, CDs, MP3 downloads, computer software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, and toys. Amazon has established separate websites in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, and China. Today, as a market leader in online retail, Amazon product lines include Amazon.com, A9.com, IMDb, Kindle, Amazon Web Services, Alexa.com, Audible.com, A2Z Development, Alexa Internet and Endless.com. Amazon has great opportunities for experienced leaders wishing to pursue a career in Operations Management. We know that learning through experience is what transforms talented people into great leaders. Our roles are designed to accelerate the growth of leaders through challenging field experiences that stretch individual capability. Our Operations environment presents the candidates with great challenges in dealing with front line management, and driving scalable and continuous improvements across our Fulfillment Centers, Supply Chain & Transportation execution teams.
Role and Responsibilities :
We are looking for experienced candidates who can start providing leadership Transportation team.
Typical responsibilities will include :
- Quickly understand the business issues and challenges of Transportations operations; identify strengths/weaknesses and suggest areas for improvement
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions and prepare functional specifications
- Be data driven, develop and report performance metrics, executive updates, forecasting, budgeting and analysis to identify potential opportunities for improving Customer Experience.
- Deep dive and acquire an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and apply when solving business problems.
- Design, develop, pilot & rollout enterprise wide programs around performance improvement, cycle time improvement for returns, delivery experience, financial auditing, identification of alternate delivery services etc.,
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing standard operating procedures.
- Direct accountability for setting and meeting operational goals, strategic planning and forecasting
- Leading a team of business analysts, program managers or area managers.
- Leading process improvements
We are looking for smart and analytical people, who are passionate about operations, to join the Operations team at Amazon India. This role is for those candidates who thrive on driving change, building an organization and leading through others, by giving them a direct management assignment in our Operations Services and Technology Centers. Ideal candidates for this program are expected to leverage their strong analytical skills, communication, and think big.
- B.Tech + MBA preferred
- 8 + years experience in operations, general management or engineering fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities