Senior Operations Manager - Consumer Durables & Electronics (8-15 yrs)
The role in a nutshell: This is an opportunity to build and lead a highly motivated Operations team from its very start and to shape the strategic growth drivers of the India Business Unit for one of the world's largest consumer goods companies.
The scope of the Operations team is to deliver best-in-industry in-stock availability and high retail stock turn via strong demand planning, forecasting, order management and customer service. As, the Senior Operations Manager, you will lead and have full ownership of the Supply Chain Operations in India. You will be part of the India Leadership Team, reporting into the Country Manager. A key responsibility is to establish the core operational capabilities for a new Business Unit with a unique supply chain set-up. You will bring structured, analytical, people-centric and entrepreneurial leadership with a track-record of managing large projects and teams besides working with cross-functional Regional/Global teams. Some key highlights of the role are listed below:
- Lead the overall country strategy - taking the company's global vision and interpreting it for the India market, ensuring we're constantly evolving, innovating and prioritizing the right projects to meet business needs.
- Bring a completely new business operating model to the Indian retailers focusing on shared goals and customer centric improvements
- Own and drive alignment of all BU tools, processes and reports for S&OP and Order Management. Responsible for securing strategic planning including long/short term demand planning; and managing regional and global stakeholders.
- Lead and implement aligned BU tools and processes across all customers/accounts.
- Responsible for Customer Planning (Account Flow casting, Launch and Promotion) while managing daily operational order processing and tactical local sales operations activities with marketing.
- Influence stakeholders across the organisation as well as with key customers in the market.
- Hiring and building great teams.
- Driving a Growth Mindset in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive impact by strong prioritisation, critical thinking and fact-based problem solving.
- Develop and motivate the operations team to deliver excellence in execution.
Demand Planning and forecasting
- Lead and own the S&OP processes and forecasts.
- Drive the dialogue with Sales & Marketing to secure consistency in assumptions alignment securing the best possible forecast via the Sales/Brand Review, Consensus Meeting and Executive S&OP meeting.
- Ensure that the demand forecast is communicated effectively with strong rationale & assumptions, as required by our regional/global S&OP and supply chain partners.
- Influence and collaborate with local and regional networks in marketing, sales, finance and supply chain functions, and address input gaps as identified by forecast error review and other means.
Order Management and Customer Service
- Optimise the Order Management process and capabilities through collaboration with the APAC Supply Chain Organization, BU Sales and Marketing.
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the customer service department and ensure outstanding levels of customer service.
- Create effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
- Monitor operational KPIs and drive continuous improvement in customer servicing.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or other issues.
- A Degree in Business / Commerce / Operations is preferred.
- 8 to 15 years of experience in Market Operations, which includes hands-on Demand Planning and Operational experience (Order management, Customer Service/Logistics) in India in the consumer products space.
- Familiar with SAP SD & MM module.
- Preferred Experience of dealing with LMA (Legal Metrology Act) authorities and a fair understanding of the Act's applications in the retail segment.
- Preferred Know how & experience of dealing with government authorities including Bureau of Indian Standards & Custom Authorities.
- Track record of strong cross-functional and team leadership.
- IT - Very good use of MS Office package; advanced Excel skills, comfortable with SAP APO and SAP SD, Business Warehouse and Power BI (or similar systems).
- Project management - Strong track record of managing projects to a conclusion in an effective manner.
- Data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs.
- Translating business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for specific projects.
- Language fluency - English and Hindi