Head Search Solutions at Winning Edge India
Views:353 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Senior Merchandiser - Essentials & Beauty - OTC/Wellness/Nutricare/Healthcare (4-7 yrs)
Team and Self Development-
- Own personal development through continuous learning, invest in elevating business-leading capabilities for self, and proactively seek new assignments that build knowledge and improve skills.
- Supervise daily operations of departments within areas of responsibility.
- Act as a team leader of a small group within the office to handle projects and achieve goals with minimal guidance.
- Apply merchandising expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Organization's owned brands.
- Manage global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends globally.
- Awareness of suppliers activities to help ensure compliance with responsible practices, maintain influence over manufacturers chooses to work with.
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute business strategies, develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships, improve product cost and quality, and ensure operational excellence
- Maintain close point-of-contact with the team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, support work globally as liaison among buyers, product developers and overseas partners
Roles and Responsibilities-
- Understand and align with the business strategies, objectives and priorities.
- Develop and implement processes and tools to enable sourcing strategies and operations.
- Manage and coach vendors throughout product design and development to ensure risk assessment and capacity planning are focused, Vendor Matrixes and planning are aligned with merchandising strategies, and new business opportunities are identified
- Work with product development, quality and compliance teams to ensure compliance with regulations and quality requirements.
- Conduct costing & negotiation with all components and market intelligence analyzed to drive optimal results
- Leverage product cost component and supply chain knowledge to support cost negotiations and value unlock.
- Manage vendor execution and collaborate with cross-functional teams for any potential issue resolutions and ensure sourcing cycle is followed responsibly and ethically
- Support post-shipment issues, e.g. claim resolution and settlement
- Work with logistics, replenishment, and import teams to ensure on supply chain reliability.
- Establish and maintain vendor relations for the continuous elevation of the supply chain; drive optimal sourcing solutions to support brand/merchandising strategy
Business Development -
- Develop Market, Industry knowledge and product expertise. Understand brand development. Attend exhibition fairs, conduct market research and perform competitor analysis.
- Effectively converge Intel to match strategies/guest needs and communicate to global team and HQ counterparts.
- Provide Sr. Manager and HQ counterparts with relevant information on assigned product categories to ensure objectives are well executed including pricing, sampling, styling details, forms and deadlines.
- Understand right sustainable manufacturing cost to ensure the product is in the right price range, has an understanding of retail price points for category & product across Organizations & competition to drive end to end value creation.
- Investigate product category opportunities, market/industry trends and provide information to Sr. Manager to determine the best costing strategy and specifications for the satisfaction of business requirements.
- Apply project management, processes and costing elements; coordinate and communicate with the team, business partners and across functional teams to ensure vendor meets program timing and action (T&A) and product quality meets expectation/requirements.
- Retrieve necessary information from systems to complement the above functions and to identify actions to be taken.
- Support the maintenance of vendor matrix and identification of overseas matrix opportunities according to the sourcing strategy and ensure the on-boarding process is successfully implemented for new vendors.
- Manage Risk Proactively - Manufacturing Viability, testing, product viability, Plan contingencies including expediting lead time or mitigating cost to counter business disruption due to external emergencies.
Vendor Relations :
- Explore, source and develop a strong vendor base able to support business growth.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships; understand supplier capabilities, capacities, performance and risk profiles; resolve operational issues and identify business development opportunities.
- Establish and maintains key vendor relationships to ensure continued partnership and compliance with organization's standards and expectations.
- Communicate the value of exploring and breaking into new product sourcing with a goal on best value for the enterprise
- Influence speed to market developing Business flexibility with chase orders, cancellations, inventory repurposing & other business models etc.
- Support Sr. Manager with developing vendors by ensuring vendors are coached on standard procedures and business expectations. Works with vendors on improving product design, cost competitiveness and business execution.
- Validate vendor's submission of samples and costing; ensure they are timely and meet expectations.
Program Management :
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills; able to work on multiple projects and be flexible with changing priorities
- Understand and apply a program management approach to business, has experience in problem-solving methodologies.
- Review program objective packages; identify gaps and/or problems and resolves any issues proactively.
- Facilitate and participate in placement meetings and/or preproduction meetings; monitor and lead team to finalize their responsibilities to best manage production.
- Monitor and ensure vendors execute sampling and order management processes effectively and work with PSQA, and appropriate counterparts to diagnose any possible issues related to product quality and on-time delivery proactively.
- Ensure problem identified by the team are resolved timely, escalated correctly and shared with related counterparts; guide the team to the best alternate solution and contingency plans as needed.
- Monitor trade situations and inform Sr. Manager appropriately.
- Understand Responsible Sourcing processes and sustainability initiatives.
- Knowledge of sourcing and supply chain strategies, processes and tools
- Experience with conducting financial or spend analysis
- Experience with suppliers and categories in generic Rx and OTC pharmaceuticals
- For relevant product categories, an understanding of:
a) Product regulations, components, specifications, quality and manufacturing processes and technologies
b) Suppliers and factories
c) Supply chain, logistics, and import/export processes
Communication and Negotiation
- Communicate effectively and partner with all cross-functional teams and HQ counterparts.
- Combine business objectives and data effectively in a storytelling module to influence alignment, negotiate & drive results
- Maintain close contact with HQ counterparts / Global Team and cross-functional team (CFT) to ensure implementation of their strategies, goals and objectives.
- Keep all relevant parties abreast of potential issues/delays and help find creative solutions.
- Keep all relevant parties abreast of new processes and best methods.
- Coordinate negotiations between HQ counterparts and business partners; find creative solutions to meet the organization's expectations.
- Support claim resolution and settlement and escalates issues to Sr Manager appropriately