Associate Consultant at Antal International
Views:3203 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Senior Manager - Zonal Finance Manager - FMCG/Manufacturing - CA (10-17 yrs)
Hiring for a reputed Company . Looking for a candidate who is a CA (qualified) and who has expertise in Maintaining updated & error free books of accounts as per accepted accounting principles with complete ownership of the Trial Balance, ensuring Propriety of expense, Receivable management, Statutory compliance, safeguarding of assets of the company, instituting Internal control and Internal check systems, Audits, Document management, Business performance management, Risk & Opportunity Management, Information management, Compliance and Business Partnering.
Books of Accounts & Document Management
- Periodic review of the trial balance for the regions to ensure compliance with company & generally accepted accounting principles and drive closure of items require attention.
- Complete ownership of Region trial balance.
- Ensure statutory compliance with Zero non compliance of relevant statute applicable to business through Region Finance Managers.
- Ensuring on time deposit of tax payable (VAT, Sales Tax, C Form, Shops and Establishment fees etc.), correct filing of returns matching with books of accounts, closing tax assessments within a year through Region Finance Manager.
- Implement system of identifying potential tax liability under various statute applicable to factory, its recording and reporting.
- Drive system of collection and safe keeping of EVC, C/F/H/E1 Forms within the statutory time period.
- Ensure timely completion of various audits i.e. statutory, GAAP, tax & internal audits through regional finance manager.
- Monitor implementation of Internal Audit recommendations and share monthly updates with Zonal Head.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover is taken for all company assets, including cash in hand, lying in Region with the help of Region Finance Manager.
- Setting up system of physical asset verification and identifying impairment. Yearly physical verification by Region Finance Manager.
Internal Control & Internal Check
- Complete understanding of internal control policies of the company.
- Educating team & ensure adequate internal control is implemented.
- Exception reporting and initiative to institute compliance.
- Setting up system of internal checks to enable internal control.
- Periodic review to assess implementation of internal process/policies and check. Share report with Region Head and Zonal Head.
Finance Manager. Drive closure of open claims within a time frame.
- Ensure implementation of system of update recording of customer claim and settling within 15 days of receiving the claim.
- Implement continuous System of ensuring that no market commitment is unrecorded in books
- Drive System of ROI driven margin agreement with distributors for open markets.
- Monthly Overdue tracking and DSO management to ensure take corrective measures to avoid bad / doubtful debts.
- Develop relationship with region heads and sales team to drive receivable agenda build trust & improved risk visibility.
- Ensure legal back-up for doubtful / bad debts in consultation with Legal team.
- Implement continuous system of Creditors reconciliation at least once a year & twice a year for major Creditor along with balance confirmation.
- Implement continuous system of update recording of creditors claim and settling within 15days of receiving the claim.
- Implement continuous system of ensuring that no supplier commitment is unrecorded in books.
- Review of open POs and drive closure of POs > 90 days.
- End to end control for zonal marketing budget - review of quotes, approval of bills in compliance with process/policies and statutory laws applicable.
Business performance management
- Business performance analysis and reporting.
- Budgeting, Latest Estimates and strategic plan.
- Develop financial metrics to measure performance against plan and strategies.
- Set-up / review breakage monitoring of the regions.
- Analysis of monthly performance for ZH review
- Responding to any query from HO thereon
- Develop financial metrics to measure performance against plan/strategies - which may vary from region to region & monitor the same
- Measuring & analyzing the productivity projects undertaken in the zone
Policy & RTM
- Complete understanding of RTM for all rate areas of East and taxation impacting product pricing.
- Supervision to keep updated ERP system with any tax change/new tax introduction and its accounting through Regional Finance Managers.
- Setting up a system of collection of data, transforming it to information and disseminating it to decision maker.
- Engage with all the stake holders and extract relevant information impacting business & controls and take proactive measure to mitigate the impact.
- Proactively provide quality insight of the financial and strategic implication of business actions/strategy to Zone / Region to enable them to take informed decision.
- Identification and quantification of business risk and opportunities and proactively giving insight to business manager and other stake holders
- Conduct market visits to develop relationship with key customers and improve risk visibility.
- Assist SFC& ZH to Roll out various projects as required across regions.
- Synergies & Standardization - Driving efficiencies & standardization within regions
- Develop people under you to enable smooth change over.
- Identification of Best practice in the zone for implementation across
- Set up baseline delivery expectations & build zero tolerance in core delivery
- Mentor region finance team to enhance their capabilities and strengthen core delivery
- Provide guidance to enable them resolve issues faced by them and
- Provide timely feedback to team to ensure motivation and quick rectification
INTERNALLY (mention role):
HO Control finance
HO Sales Finance
EXTERNALLY (mention role):
Local sales tax authorities
Internal & Statutory auditors
Excise & other statutory authorities
- CA Batch 2005/2006/2007
- Band - 3B
EXPERIENCE (Please specify in case there are any preferred industries):
- CA with minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing / sales organization.
- Preferably with FMCG in industry,
- Minimum of four years prior Sales finance experience preferably in distributor & wholesale environment
- Not open to applicants with only Audit experience or KPO background.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS (Both essential & desirable):
- Well versed with Excel and Power point.
- Basic operational knowledge on ERP will be preferred
BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS (Both essential & desirable):
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good at coordination and multitasking
- Self starter
- Good team player with business acumen and leadership skills
- Team Management