Director at Applied Work Dynamics
Views:182 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Senior Manager - US Payroll Accounting - GAAP (12-20 yrs)
Basic Purpose of Job::
- The Payroll Accounting resource will be responsible for all aspects of US GAAP, payroll accrual accounting.
- This individual will provide subject matter expertise in the area of accounting related to Payroll, Payroll Taxes and Human Resource benefit accounting which include the below
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Collaborate closely with the onshore team to understand expectations and deliverable timelines.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and new transactions to support the Accounting controller group
- Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results, findings
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis and accounting transactions.
- May serve as a subject matter expert on a particular accounting transactions.
- Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans, attending deliverable specific or recurring meetings between the team and the onshore team. Deliverables revolve around;
- Monitor daily payroll tax reports and ensure accuracy and properly reconciled against payroll reports and fed/state reconciliations
- Prepare additional and corrective payroll journal entries and post to Peoplesoft Payroll System (ie. Used for daily terminations, corrections to biweekly payrolls, etc)
- Prepare, wire and record entries for daily benefit payments made for various employee benefits (ie. Health & dental, 401K, etc)
- Provide real time data for our global mobility group so they can calculate and prepare benefit amounts for impacted individuals
- Contact federal, state and local taxing authorities relating to payroll filing and payment delinquencies, questions, etc.
- Prepare & file Form W2 corrections for North American employees
- Reconcile DDA accounts on a daily basis for employee payroll check, ACH direct deposit kickers, non cashed payroll tax agency checks
- Provide real time support & research for our Tier 3 employee support ticket escalation
- Employee benefit vendor research for missing benefit deductions, over deductions, corrections to vendor reports, etc.
- Prepare off-book manual journal entries
- Upload payroll controller files to Oracle for distribution and money movement
- Review & authorize Canadian manual payroll checks
- Update US and Canadian tax workbooks with 3rd party providers to ensure all corrected payrolls and associated taxes have been provided to the respective taxing agencies
- Validate and approve all weekly payroll tax filings for our 3rd party tax outsource partner (several states are filed weekly depending upon dollar thresholds)
- Coordinate month-end close including prepare manual journal entries and export accounting system reports
- Prepare account reconciliations and certification for approximately 30 tax, DDA, payroll and employee benefit accounts
- Validate and approve all weekly payroll tax filings for our 3rd party tax outsource partner (several states are filed monthly depending upon dollar thresholds)
- Provide intercompany entries for US employees tax withholdings on international assignments
- Review DDA accounts for uncashed manual payroll checks and contact employees directly for reissuance or follow up
- Review all quarterly tax form filings before filing (15 EIN's in total)
- Perform SOX control testing
- Review stock award vests and their impact on employee Form w2's along with prepare gross ups for stock awards
- Prepare bi annual abandoned property reporting
- Review all annual payroll tax filings
- Prepare Form w2's for employees in the US and Canada
- Provide organization of reports to US Census bureau containing various payroll information on wages, employee count, location, etc.
- Prepare and update process narratives/procedures and flow charts
- Response to internal and external requests including variance analysis and inquires
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects and new transactions
- Prepare employee wage gross up for retirement plans (ESRP) for MC level retirements
- Move all employees & payroll history / records upon creating a new EIN (has happened 3 times in 2017 thus far)
- Perform user access reviews & certifications
Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Lead the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, Automation
- Responsibility for ongoing process improvements
- Responsibility for execution of right-placement strategy
- Implementation support of the process re-engineering and automation efforts
- Graduate/Post Graduate with specialization in Commerce or Finance
- Overall Experience of over 12 plus years with over 8 plus years in a payroll accounting function supporting US geography.
- Good understanding of Tax, Benefits and filings.
- Flexibility to work in UK/EMEA time zone