Recruitment Specialist at Atrios Consulting
Views:333 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Senior Manager - Urban Wash (9-14 yrs)
About the Role :
We are looking for a Manager to support and manage the Urban WSH Field through a variety of strategic and operational efforts. As a manager, you will drive strategic planning exercises to determine WSH's long-term goals and identify pathways for execution alongside various verticals within the team. Additionally, you will oversee and maintain operational efficiency and productivity within the team, through robust processes which include planning, reporting, process optimization, and people management, in direct alignment with Urban WSH's long-term strategic goals. You will hold and nurture critical partnerships with various stakeholders and drive internal and external activities towards addressing the field of adolescent health and wellbeing in India.
Strategic Oversight :
- Develop and drive Urban WSH's strategic goals and targets and articulate pathways to achieve and exceed the same. Additionally, provide inputs to overall strategy and goals.
- Develop and manage operational plans for Urban WSH's team of 18+ individuals, determining short- and long-term trajectories for each independent vertical and holding accountability for driving performance efficiency, tracking team expenditure and overall achievement of all deliverables
- Oversee building of robust financial plans for the program, with support from relevant verticals, keeping in view their current needs, their long-term vision and opportunities in the sector
- Understand and engage with the field of urban sanitation in India, keeping in mind the sector's growth and evolution and taking an inclusive approach to all planning and activities
- Nurture relationships with various sector players and partners to drive program goals and identify opportunities for alignment and collaboration
- Support the consistent implementation of team objectives and initiatives, with continuous learning and oversight for quality delivery
- Directly manage and execute on donor relationship, as well as continuously identify new avenues to maintain and grow their philanthropic portfolios
- Oversee critical stakeholder engagement processes, including identification of new or potential partnership opportunities, being lead presenter at meetings, putting together detailed proposals and closing opportunities
- Directly build, manage and execute on NGO partners and identify new avenues to build strategic sector-level partnerships
- Manage reporting, record-keeping and financial data management, maintaining confidentiality and effectiveness in your approach
- Engage with leadership and other teams to contribute to centralized functions on a needs basis - e.g. organizational strategy, new policies, budget planning etc.
- Build the capacity of direct reports and the wide team and consultants to consistently deliver high-quality work
- Work with and project teams - pulling on resources from across various verticals - to create high-quality, impact-driven projects for the sector
- Offer continual mentorship and support to the team, acting as a role model and guide for the work ethic, commitment and overall leadership
- Identify and implement processes to ensure optimal performance within the team and provide day-to-day guidance and support wherever required
Desired Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone who is dedicated to the cause of inclusive sanitation and service delivery to the most vulnerable, capable and exceeds expectations when meeting the requirements of internal and external demands, with high energy levels, and who naturally builds strong working relationships. The candidate should be result oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
Specifically, we are looking for someone with:
- 8-9+ years of work experience (can include prior experience within the sector, as well as in Advisory, Program Management, client relationship management roles etc).
- Strong experience of working with senior leaders from various backgrounds and fields, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to showcase the program's unique value propositions. Practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others even they disagree.
- Stellar planning and organizing skills, with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize amidst various sometimes conflicting priorities. Excellent team working skills, with proven contribution to team goals and objectives.
- Prior experience independently managing a team/division with end-to-end responsibility and accountability.
- An analytical approach to problem-solving and a solutions mindset, with the ability to scope the complexity of activities and processes
- The ability to think strategically and innovatively, and identify and pivot with shifting market and sector trends
- Prior experience with financial management and budgeting is a must, experience with donor reporting is strongly preferred.
- Strong people management kills, with the ability to work collaboratively, hold accountability and ownership, and provide mentorship and guidance wherever required.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills, and the ability to work with an outcome-focused lens to deliver high-quality products within stipulated timelines
- The ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude
- Strong alignment with Urban WSH and value systems, and a strong commitment to creating tangible, long-term impact