Senior Manager - Transportation - FMCG (12-15 yrs)
We are recruiting for a Senior manager Transportation role based in Mumbai with the FMCG company .This role is more of Transportation role.
Position Reports to: Head SCM
- Responsible for Logistics of all New Products. The incumbent will also be responsible for specific interventions/projects for all Products.
- The Scope is Replenishment of Non Salt Products to CFA's from 3P, Managing MIS on various aspects of Costs and KPI's Aggregation of the Regional Reporting Structure. Capturing Exceptions, Coordinating for the timely Floating of RFQ- s, Negotiation process documentation and Contacting.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Manage Transportation costs (Primary and secondary) for the CPB division.
- Finalize transportation rates. (spend Rs 350 Cr approx)
- Build the Annual Business plan for Transportation.
- Freight Optimization across the supply chain.
- Handling Logistics Projects at a Central level.
- Replenishment at CFAs
- Planning and Execution of Replenishment of CFA's w.r.t. to Non Salt Products from 3P to CFA's
- Plan movements based on S&OP and Interaction with the Production/Packing/Sourcing teams
- Monitor Lead times and Timely vehicle placement
- Ensuring Load capacity utilization
- Periodic Rate Benchmarking
- Implementing Quality initiatives in product handling and movement
- Real time Movement Tracking- GRS Device Utilization Tab and Reports
- Calculate Waste Costs and Track
- Freight Management
- Responsible for Managing Primary and Secondary Transportation (Depot to Stockists) & drive efficiencies across locations for both Salt and non-salt products.
- Rake handling- bridging from the rake point to the CFAs.
- Prepare, Monitor and Track SLA's with CFA-s
- Market rates tracking and Validation, Secondary Transportation rate negotiation, vendor development, finalization of agreements, etc.
- Tracking Rs. /Kg. cost Vs. Budget and against last year and drive reduction projects.
- Driving Performance metrics e.g. Indent Vs Placement, Truck Utilization, Transit Time Adherence, Shortage/ Damages Index, etc.
- Implementation of alternate way of working e.g. Dedicated Trucking Operation.
- Maintenance of Secondary Transportation Master Data, Freight Rates, Routes, Distance etc. on Excel, SAP and Transportation Management System
Team and People : 2-3 Members team
Preferred Skills: The candidate should be a go-getter with good inter-personal skills. The candidate should have entrepreneurial bent of mind.
Work with other stakeholders in SCM and other functions like Commercial.
Essential: Any Graduate with MBA (Operations Management)
Desirable: BE - Industrial/Mechanical with MBA in Operations Management.
Essential: 12 Years
Desirable: 15 Years of relevant experience in large FMCG or Consumer Durables Industry
DESIRED AGE PROFILE : 35-40 Years
If this opportunity interests you, please share an updated copy of your resume with your current compensation details or reach us on+91 8097300014
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.