Co-Founder & Director at Maquette Consulting Group
Views:2970 Applications:777 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:714
Senior Manager - Supply Chain - Transportation & Logistics/Distribution (8-15 yrs)
We are looking for Head - Distribution, transportation & Logistics for one of the consumer durable product company.
Ownership of Distribution/ Logistics Strategy:
- Develop & Implement distribution Strategy in line with the business growth across India.
- Run network optimization studies to get the best distribution Model for India
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain leadership position in market by monitoring the competitive scenario and trends in logistics.
- Benchmark Lead times ( Local deliveries + Imports + exports) v/s industries and improve customer experience by making companies deliveries a competitive advantage.
- Optimize logistics cost
Leading Logistics Team:
- Lead and develop a team of Managers/Dy.Managers/ Assistant Managers/ Executives who administer logistics on a day to day basis.
- Process improvements in logistics operations to gain efficiency.
- Monitor customer satisfaction levels with respect to Logistics and take improvement actions.
- Lead and guide transportation team to monitor performance and make continuous improvements in Transportation work processes using systems and IT.
- Implement solutions to have faster PAN India deliveries by eliminating way bill issues, interstate permits etc, dependency on courier companies.
- Implement streamlined Logistics (SLOG) measures like order upsizing, FTL deliveries to improve customer deliveries.
- Develop system to track shipments to give realistic Expected Delivery times to Customers.
- Leads and guide warehouse teams for Warehouse expansion / Consolidation to enable.
- Estimate warehousing space requirements in India on ongoing basis.
- Setup of new Warehouses or relocation of existing Warehouses.
- Efficient warehouse operations.
- Improvement in Order consolidation/ better availability of inventory.
- Reduction in delivery lead times to customers.
Imports /Exports Management:
- Lead customs team to improve Freight forwarders and 3PL service provider performance.
- Identify and implement areas for cost reduction and improvement of operational efficiency through negotiations and work process improvements.
- Strengthen documentation and tracking mechanism in imports/Exports vertical.Lead negotiations on Freight forwarding costs on quarterly, half yearly or yearly basis.
Networking and Inter functional Working :
- Establish and maintain linkages with global teams for imports.
- Work with other functions to improve customer Satisfaction by providing logistics supports to teams, to reduce transit damages, to improve product packaging and product quality by working with Engineering thereby improving brand image with our dealer/ customer.