Managing Partner at Kairos Consulting India
Views:6667 Applications:401 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:399
Senior Manager - Structured Finance Group - Wholesale Banking (4-10 yrs)
Position Title : Manager: Structured Finance Group (SFG)
Business Group : Wholesale Banking Group
Location : Mumbai
The Group's activities:
- The Structured Finance Group is responsible for generation of innovative structures to enable Bank's corporate clients diversify their funding sources and access cost-effective funds. The Group acts as a forward thinking fulcrum which anticipates potential gaps/opportunities in the market and produces replicable structures to meet those requirements. The Group's strength lies in its vast experience and expertise in providing tailor-made solutions after thoroughly understanding the client's requirements.
- The Group leverages on Bank's global presence, industry expertise, access to a diversified investor base, large underwriting capability, wide syndication/distribution network and comprehensive product suite.
- Strong capabilities in end-to-end solutions, access to wide array of investors, relationship with key financial institutions and timely execution have enabled Bank to become one of the leading arrangers and underwriters of structured finance transactions. The Group routinely engages in new idea generation as well as executes domestic/cross border deals.
The Structured Finance Group provides an array of services to its clients including:
- Acquisition finance
- Asset-backed finance
- Receivables purchase/discounting
- Subordinated debt
- High yield/convertibles / hybrid instruments
- Structured trade
- Non-recourse financing
- On the origination side the role entails meeting clients, collaborating with internal stakeholders (corporate banking group, project finance group and the international, domestic syndication and Debt Capital Markets teams) as well as external stakeholders (Mutual Funds, Private Equity, NBFCs, legal counsels etc).
- Conceptualizing innovative ideas/solutions and which can be converted into products and rolled out replicated successfully across range of clients with the help of internal business groups.
- Scouting for deals by proactively researching active market trends both domestically and internationally. Understanding, identifying and analyzing financing requirements of clients.
- On the execution side role involves detailed structuring, discussing deal contours with various stakeholders, and executing/arranging the transactions to meet the client's complex financing requirements (both domestic and overseas), within the purview of business and regulatory requirements.
- The job promises an enriching experience through interactions with clients, advisors, banks & financial institutions, legal counsels and experts on tax, trade, accounting, treasury and cross border regulations. The role offers exposure to upcoming trends in financial industry in both the domestic and overseas financing / syndication markets. The candidate will be part of a young, highly motivated, result driven team that caters to Bank's offices / subsidiaries across India and abroad.
Exp: 4 - 10 years
Knowledge and Skills Requirements -
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with in deal structuring, execution and origination
- Experience of dealing with innovative financial products in domestic/overseas market
- Proven academic record, good analytical and communication skills
- Detailed understanding of financial statements, credit parameters, regulatory pre-requisites, taxation etc.
- Strong research capabilities, analytical skills, interpersonal people skills
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills
- Team player with ability to work in small groups
- Hard working, proactive