Senior Manager - Sourcing - FMCG/Agriculture (3-5 yrs)
- Responsible for overall purchase of select commodities in terms of price, quality and time of delivery at Crofarm's distribution centers.
- Aligning farmers / suppliers with the customer needs and syncing on the quality of the produce.
- Should prepare crop calendar and farm level availability of each product
- Should be able to devise a plan to have sourcing from farms pre-qualified for quality aspects
- Should be able to plan and execute fortnight/monthly plans
- Managing any backward stock movement from DC back to a farmer / supplier which could be rejection at DC of rejection from a Crofarm customer.
- Responsible for price benchmarking and making sure the agreed quality is procured at the best price to ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensure SLAs adherence with suppliers/ partners in respect to time, quantity, and quality of fulfillment
- Co-ordinate with production planning, operations and sales to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for identifying new farmers / suppliers, new commodities and bring them on to the platform.
- Responsible for the overall relationship and business given to a farmer / supplier and overall business being driven.
- 3-5 years experience in purchase / category management.
- Good negotiation skills
- Should be able to connect to farmers and should be able to design and execute win-win solution to build loyalty
- Experience of working in rural market/ farmers/ FPOs is preferable
- An MBA degree in Agri-Business is mandatory
- Knowledge of fruits, vegetables is mandatory
- A strong connect in rural network is a plus