Partner at Morpheus Human Consulting Private Limited
Views:366 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Senior Manager - Resource Development - NGO (7-12 yrs)
Our Client started its operation in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global non-profit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, they have supported more than 1.7 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves
Sr. Manager - Resource Development - NGO - Hyderabad
Job Responsibilities -
(1) Leading and further growing fund raising with corporates and taking the existing fundraising model to scale;
(2) Focusing on strategic planning to establish processes that deepen existing donor relationships, develop new ones and generate growth in fundraising;
(3) Representing us externally and enhancing its reputation in the market, as a centre of excellence for donors and NGO sector partnership.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
(A) Prospect Identification
(1) Leading the marketing products and services to corporates and achieving the fund raising targets;
(2) Researching and identifying potential donors, cultivating potential donors and communicating with current donors for increased - giving;-
(1) Developing new and existing corporate relationships in the area of CSR giving. Manage existing donors- corporates, SME, HNIs
(2) Identify and tap potential SMEs and Corporates for fundraising
(3) Developing contacts and networking with different types/ranges of companies, including small and medium size enterprises;
(3) Assist in writing proposals and presentations to pitch for business and project funding. Submit proposals to prospective donors in consultation with regional Programs team, Reporting Manager and /or Director Resource Development
(4) Leading donor meetings and providing follow-up support; creating a centralized database of potential corporate donors.
(5) Following up with proposals sent, coordinating signing of MoUs, completing documentation needed for closing the funding, coordination with finance team for inward receipts of funds, organizing documentation needed for donors in response to the funds received.
(B) Donor Relations and Management
(1) Managing the relationship with existing donors
(2) Working closely with Program team in preparation of periodic reporting cycle as agreed in MoUs and submission to donors.
(3) Coordinating field visit of donors in case if they wish to do so
(C) Donor Engagement and Events
(1) Conceptualizing new fundraising campaigns and also preparing fundraising marketing material and content, with the Communications team; Leading the campaigns from conception, coordination, and till the logistics front of executing them.
(2) Providing direction to prospective companies on developing CSR policies, partnerships with CSOs and enhancing their knowledge about development sector issues.
(D) Business Targets
(1) Setting fund raising priorities, goals and budget and quarterly action plans if in case provided with a team, in addition to achievement of personal targets of fund raising
(2) Providing leadership and support to the team for implementing their fundraising plans, achieving individual targets and developing their relationships with companies/ other donors;
(3) Building the capacity of the internal fundraising team if any provided to the position holder
(4) Day-to-day administration of the fundraising team, including tracking and updating targets vs. achievements, keeping records up-to-date, etc. if provided with a team to the position holder
(5) Supervising the creation and maintenance of database of all donors, including, potential corporate donors as a central data base to be made available to the National Office.
(6) Comply with all reporting requirements including weekly reports, achievement & pipeline reports, event reports etc.
(E) Leadership & External Representation
(1) Proactively seeking out opportunities to represent externally in India on issues relating to strategic and effective giving, philanthropy, corporate Social Responsibility, social investment and social impact;
(2) Representing at various national forums, in the fundraising and corporate philanthropy space;
(3) Helping grow and strengthen as a brand and reputation as a provider of strategic advice and thought leadership, demonstrating value addition to corporate donors; in the space of fundraising.
(1) Working closely with the Program Team, Finance, PIO staff ensuring that a proper coordination is created for smoother functioning of the fund raising unit.
(2) Ensuring adherence to the internal financial processes and policies while making MOUs, funding agreements in tandem and discussion with finance team. Engage with internal teams like Programs, Finance and Volunteering to develop proposals, MoU/Agreement and customized donor reports on a regular basis
Key Skills: Mandatory: candidate should be experienced working in NGO, good communication skills, experience in fund raising and business development.
Experience: 7 to 10 years of fund-raising or business development experience in NGO
Job Location: base Chennai, and will need to travel to Andhra Pradesh
Working Days: 5 days
Reporting to: Associate Director / Sr. Director
About Morpheus Consulting:
- Morpheus Consulting understands the dynamics attached to talent acquisition, relationship management and the required service levels within the regional industry. Our heritage is now our main strength as we continue to work within our core markets to deliver key account management and strong contingency recruitment practices to our clients and candidates.
- Recruitment is a people-focused business - our success and growth are reliant upon our people. Our team of 130 consultants based in Middle east, Asia and Africa offer a blend of international recruitment experience, coupled with a platform of local market and industry knowledge. Morpheus Consulting has its presence since 2007 and has established itself as a reputed recruitment specialist in its industry.
- With footprints in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer professional and bespoke contingency and retained search services across a variety of industrial sectors. This vast experience, industry expertise and knowledge enables our consultants to identify and present the highest quality candidates to our clients, in line with their business objectives and culture. We have built our brand by investing in people, whether it is our own consultants, candidates, or clients. This core value is central to our success, which underpins everything we do, and in return has translated into a successful and established Morpheus Consulting brand that our clients and candidates can trust.