Senior Manager - Regulatory Framework - Power Sector (7-12 yrs)
Key Skills :
- Expert understanding of electricity regulatory framework in India (Electricity Act, Rules, Energy Policies, etc)
- Keep abreast of regulatory/policy development/policy analysis in the Power/Energy sector in India
- Develop regulatory/policy briefs/summary for energy policies, tariff orders, etc.,
- Undertake due diligence on power purchase agreements and other agreements
- Undertake other strategic assignments pertaining to regulatory and policy work to support business growth
A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Law or LLB or an MBA in Power Management or Masters in Power/ Legal & Regulatory.
- Have 7 - 12 years of experience in Corporates or Consulting Firms or Power advisory organizations. Good understanding of Indian Power/Energy sector.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Assessment of regulatory policy, it's impact on the company's operations & assisting in formulation of appropriate business plan and strategy.
- Preparation and successful submission of tariff application, as per regulatory timelines. Preparation of non-tariff filings such as investment proposals for regulatory approval.
- Drafting of comments/suggestions/objections on draft regulations, policy documents, tariff applications, other petitions etc. and submit quality responses to the concerned authority.
- Pursuing all kinds of petitions related to Tariff, License, Miscellaneous petitions and petitions concerning intra &; interstate matters; including review, appeals filed.
- Compilation, assimilation and analysis of regulatory orders and assisting in contesting the orders which have adverse impact on business.
- Facilitate in preparation and reviewing of commercial documents including PPAs, LTOA etc.
- Keep a track on various regulatory development and analysis the impact of the same.
- Understanding of the Electricity Act,2003, the electricity rules, 2005, guidelines and policies impacting power regulatory environment.
- Review the guidelines, notifications and circulars issued by the regulator from time to time and highlight to Management the relevant and critical points and impact of the same to our business.
- Strategizing on methodology for effective supply of power under captive mode year-to- year basis.
- Preparation of briefing notes and arguments to strengthen our contention.
- Review and comment on various policy issued by GoI or any other authority time to time.