Senior Manager - Purchase/Packaging - fmcg (15-20 yrs)
Senior Manager - Purchase - Packaging
Job Description :
- Our client is a 4000Cr Indian FMCG company in the food and beverages space. They are market leaders in the categories they operate in, continuously innovating their products.
- To take charge of procurement of Packaging Material requirements, across pan India production operations.
- Work out procurement plan based on the sales forecast & BOM.
- Closely monitor stock levels & re order level using BI tools.
- Commodity/Polymer/Steel/Paper price tracking & facilitate buying decision.
- Exploring various possibilities on saving potentials.
- Negotiate contracts for Chemicals, Closures, Sleeves Carton etc.
- Ensuring the integrity of the Raw Material & Packing Material manual, SAP data base and updating changes if any.
- Quarterly review of the rates across the country for any variations.
- Working out the basis of cost for sleeves, tapes, getting into value engineering for having a better hold on negotiations
- Meeting vendors, developing new and better vendors by following a structured vendor evaluation process. Retaining the vendors that have already been developed.
- Conducting audit of new vendor & finalizing them.
- Streamlining SAP and ensuring its smooth functioning.
- Ensuring minimum variance of Packing Material, Chemicals & Consumables at all the locations.
- Solving all issue regarding inventory management at plant
- Controlling & Monitoring supplies of Racks for PAN India sales requirement.
- Understanding requirement of metal POP material from Marketing function & developing vendors accordingly.
- Work closely with marketing function for development of packaging material & metal POP for new SKUs.
- Presentation skills for quarterly/Yearly review.
- The candidate should have at least 15+ years of experience in procurement of Packaging Material
- The ability to develop and network with optimum associations.
- Proven success driving results and delivering return on investment to the company.
- Comprehensive functional skills and a result driven approach.
- Exposure to Beverages/Water manufacturing facilities.