Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:1509 Applications:216 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager - Purchase - Manufacturing Firm (5-8 yrs)
Are you looking for a job that will give you work satisfaction, and provide exposure to a global manufacturing company?
Our client is the largest manufacturing company based out of Gurgaon with many dealers across India and exporting their products to SAARC countries.
As the Senior Manager Purchase, your role will be to lead efficiently part of procurement division - planning and management; and to drive vendor relationships & ensure timely service delivery to internal customers.
What you will do:
- Developing strategic supply chain solutions that contribute to topline & bottom-line objectives and results in improvement.
- Evaluating supplier performance, enhancing the same, reducing costs and improving lead times through effective integration of price, quality, and inventory positioning & operational considerations.
- Developing system driven procedures for entire materials function, maintaining MIN-MAX levels of inventory.
- Driving the Procurement strategy such as pricing, product mix & future forecasting.
- Ensuring execution of the procurement in line with the planned strategy.
- Driving procurement operations of Civil, IT, Fire & Safety, Utility, Insurance and manpower contracts.
- Providing Department Budget estimations.
- Driving scrap and by-product sale and old assets.
- Ensuring compliance with the overall procurement strategy.
- Ensuring adequate stocks are maintained across inventories and replenished as per procurement plan; Liaising with Head - Store for management and planning of procurement plan
- Ensuring New vendor development and its management to increase the supplier base for the organization.
- Driving bidding process and contracts for vendor e.g. preparing specifications, evaluating bids, recommending vendors, conducting bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with the requirements
- Following New initiatives towards cost savings and automation of existing processes.
- Promoting online buying through e-auctions (ARIBA) and derive cost optimization out of it
What you need to have:
- B.Tech with a minimum of 5 years of experience post-qualification.
- Working knowledge of SAP, E-Auction conducting experience will be added advantage
- Expertise in developing strategic supply chain solutions
- Highly skilled in evaluating supplier performance and inventory positioning
- Expertise in developing system driven procedures and maintaining MIN-MAX levels of inventory