Senior Consultant at XL Recruiters
Views:185 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Senior Manager - Product Design - Product Firm (10-15 yrs)
What we are looking for
- We are looking for an experienced design leader with a proven track record of concepting, building, and launching successful mobile and desktop applications. You are able to comfortably promote and practice a lean user-centered design process- as we move fast!
- You are a systems thinking designer who looks to quantitative and qualitative data to iteratively improve and can strategically partner with cross-discipline leads to shape and steward our customer experiences. You work collaboratively across product, research, and engineering teams to define and synthesize complex feature requirements, and support product roadmap and project planning.
- Our ideal candidate is well-versed and practiced in speaking to audiences of any size, whether it's for a workshop to a large team or an executive presentation to key stakeholders for a strategic design review.
- As a manager, you will coach and direct designers to produce thoughtful, high-quality deliverables and support efficient development workflows. You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. You enjoy seeing designers mature and are comfortable with creating career development plans for them to grow.
- You are persuasive and are able to drive influence in sensitive situations. You understand that getting people to see your side of things while protecting relationships is key to gaining acceptance and affecting change. Above all, you- re an advocate for consistency with enough flexibility to accommodate critique and change.
What you get to do every day:
- Manage team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to direct reports
- Be proactive in identifying and clearing roadblocks for the team
- Excel at getting the team to focus on the highest impact projects
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, and/or departments
- Set clear expectations for team members and solicit, synthesize, and deliver feedback
- Build and develop a product design team while clearing roadblocks and effectively prioritizing team resources
- Learn how to lead, coach, and inspire a team of professionals
- Ensure your team consistently delivers simple, elegant, creative, cohesive product designs and drive those principles across the organization
- Be accountable for high-level key metrics and user experience measures
- Create and drive standards for our product through cross-functional communication
- Demonstrate expertise in our product line, review new business and use-case challenges
- Identify the need to consider new approaches, encourage innovation and make it safe to "fail"
- Inspire others by interpreting and communicating a clear vision, making courageous decisions, and executing in a way consistent with our values
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- At least 10 years experience and proven track record in product design
- 5+ years experience managing product designers
- Experience designing and iterating on mobile experiences leading to a higher quality and more consistent product design
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy-in for your ideas
- Deep experience working within a technical, agile environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization