Senior Consultant Recruitment at Randstad
Views:1197 Applications:304 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:289
Senior Manager - Procurement - Cargo (6-13 yrs)
This position will be responsible for procuring rates and negotiated quotes from shipping lines, maintaining cordial relationships with them, and assisting with pricing and tenders to establish the most cost-effective mode for shipments.
You will be entrusted with the below:
- Negotiating with shipping liners for the best rate for LCL/FCL cargo.
- Negotiating and re-negotiating rates to match the target.
- Attending customers and CRM queries locally and overseas and quoting the best prices available.
- Working with departmental heads to assess partnerships and opportunities within the targeted market.
- Developing and maintaining quoted vs. converted business database to assess the success of pricing strategy.
- Meeting turnaround time for every pricing request.
- Generating market information and disseminating the same to sales associates.
- Handling freehand cargo and nomination shipments.
- Setting base prices, comparing prices set by competitors, and measuring customer satisfaction.
- Preparation of rate sheets for specific key sectors on monthly basis for circulation amongst branches.
- Working on securing special incentives with carriers.
- Preparing and assisting with Tenders, RFQs, etc.
- Maintaining cordial relationships with carriers to secure the best prices.