Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:2054 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Senior Manager - Operations - Production - Educational Games Startup (5-6 yrs)
Work for a trailblazing edutech startup that is revolutionizing the learning methodology in India!!
Our client offers a subscription based service for kids that offers an inquiry and play-based program for early childhood learning at home for children. It is a startup founded by alumni from IIT, IIM and Georgia Tech that is backed by industry veterans and funded by top-tier venture capital firms. We design, develop and deliver activity kits to the homes of the subscribers every month on a subscription basis. The boxes contain all material and instructions for hands-on fun activities that children in the age group of 2-12 years can do with their parents.
As a Sr Manager - Operations, you will be responsible for production planning, production & shipments of crates as per SLAs and at target cost points.
What you will do:
- Handling all Raw material/Packaging material sourcing
- Managing Vendor negotiation and relationship
- Maintaining leads and ensuring new vendor development
- Conducting the RM/ PM supply planning process
- Overseeing Investment Control and Cost control
- Monitoring Vendor performance to ensure cost effective material and timely delivery
- Performing Warehouse management activities
- Maintaining Stock control
- Planning Vehicle placement and managing Transporter relationship
- Supervising and strategising Stock management
- Production planning
- Demand planning and scheduling.
- Defining strategic sourcing, network strategies, and long term capacity planning
- Planning and managing the dispatch function
What you need to have:
- Engineer with at least 5-6 years shop floor experience in managing blue-collar workforce for production
- Must have good understanding of operations management best practices and principles
- Must have experience in managing blue-collar workforce of at least 30-50 ppl for production
- Leadership experience with a proven track record of managing teams
- Excellent communication, teamwork and stakeholder engagement ability
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.