Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:1359 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Senior Manager - Operations - Production - Educational Games Startup (5-6 yrs)
Work for a trailblazing edutech startup that is revolutionizing the learning methodology in India!!
Our client offers a subscription based service for kids that offers an inquiry and play-based program for early childhood learning at home for children. It is a startup founded by alumni from IIT, IIM and Georgia Tech that is backed by industry veterans and funded by top-tier venture capital firms. We design, develop and deliver activity kits to the homes of the subscribers every month on a subscription basis. The boxes contain all material and instructions for hands-on fun activities that children in the age group of 2-12 years can do with their parents.
As a Sr Manager - Operations, you will be responsible for production planning, production & shipments of crates as per SLAs and at target cost points.
What you will do:
- Handling all Raw material/Packaging material sourcing
- Managing Vendor negotiation and relationship
- Maintaining leads and ensuring new vendor development
- Conducting the RM/ PM supply planning process
- Overseeing Investment Control and Cost control
- Monitoring Vendor performance to ensure cost effective material and timely delivery
- Performing Warehouse management activities
- Maintaining Stock control
- Planning Vehicle placement and managing Transporter relationship
- Supervising and strategising Stock management
- Production planning
- Demand planning and scheduling.
- Defining strategic sourcing, network strategies, and long term capacity planning
- Planning and managing the dispatch function
What you need to have:
- Engineer with at least 5-6 years shop floor experience in managing blue-collar workforce for production
- Must have good understanding of operations management best practices and principles
- Must have experience in managing blue-collar workforce of at least 30-50 ppl for production
- Leadership experience with a proven track record of managing teams
- Excellent communication, teamwork and stakeholder engagement ability
- Good problem solving and decision making skills