Views:1613 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:91
Senior Manager - Operations - Insurance Broking Firm (10-12 yrs)
Division : Operations
Department : Operations
Sub- Department : Operations
Job Title : Senior Manager - Operations
Reports to : Head - Operations
Span of Control : 5-6 DRs, indirect team of up to 150-200
Job Purpose :
To ensure a value-added experience to all operating companies (customer) by partnering and influencing to drive operational efficiencies, automation avenues and continuous capability development.
Job Dimensions :
Knowledge and Expertise :
- Recognized internally as an expert in a domain of business, product/services or a particular marketplace.
- Is viewed as a critical role within the organization and has market eminence.
- Is viewed by senior customer contacts or internal stakeholders as a peer and an influencer of the organization's resources.
Job Complexity :
- Work is complex and requires judgment to arrive at often path breaking and innovative solutions to problems. May require leveraging experience within and/or outside of the organization to solve problems.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions. Leads process improvements.
- Is viewed by the team as an industry expert and is often the 'Go ' to" person for complex / sensitive
issues in an area of expertise.
Client Relationships / Communication Skills :
- Interprets or explains data or information to deliver messages to audiences not knowledgeable about the subject matter.
- Role is consultative and may not have an authority to affect decisions and outcomes
People Management and Strategic Impact :
- Translates strategic objectives into operational goals and steers the direction of the division towards the achievement of overall objectives.
- Accountable for individual or team results. May impact business measurements, customer satisfaction, business costs for the division/sub function
Financial Impact :
- No direct / indirect accountability to functional budget or costs. Supports in cost management through achievement of functional goals and leading process improvements.
Geographical Impact :
Principal Accountabilities :
Delivery Management :
- Understanding and managing the end client/ customer requirements and ensuring delivery as per agreed standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Periodic assessment of MI to identify trends and address client service related issues
- Contributing to the revenue/ profitability of business units
- Identifying opportunities for offshoring processes from operating companies by influencing key stakeholders
- Seamless migrations while ensuring minimal adverse customer impact
Operational Excellence :
- Building value by creating process efficiencies through upstream & downstream impact in business
- Building a knowledge organization and encouraging, leading and guiding teams to build depth and breadth of technical expertise
Risk Management & compliance :
- Enforces a regular risk review to create significant R&C profiling (risk register) and resilience in operations through tools like FMEA, Business Continuity management etc
- Will be required to benchmark best risk practices to help create an operational risk strategy for company.
Strategic Orientation :
- Lead short-to-medium planning for people, process and technology for teams and translate plans to specific actions for teams
- Understand how commercial value is added to business to anticipate impact of external developments on organisation/ function and enable teams prepare for the same
Stakeholder Management :
- Proactively seek feedback from stakeholders to bring about changes in local teams, to establish stronger systems and processes
- Build credibility for local teams by showcasing available talent at regional/ global platforms, while looking for opportunities to expand their contributions to the organization
- Enable teams understand and appreciate the client's context, create a culture of keep the client experience at the helm of all services
People Management :
- Manage and improve current performance in teams, and develop capabilities for future needs of the organisation/ function
- Mentor team members to take on larger responsibilities and build clear career paths by assessing performance and potential, at all levels
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvements in teams
- Build networks across functions and create opportunities to share learning across departments and help create a unified people capability
Change Management :
- Create a positive experience around change by Implementing and managing change plans in teams, enabling them to see benefits of change
- Break down barriers and impediments to change through robust communication on change plans and continuous involvement in change process
Framework & Boundaries :
- Delivery as per agreed and defined operating standards
- Day to day interaction with DRs and team to provide advice on exceptions
- Weekly interactions with DRs to review BAU
- Monthly interactions with all team members to review BAU & performance
- Day to Day interaction with reporting authorities to provide update on progress
- Fortnightly interaction with the Operations Director for updates on projects and objectives
- Periodic interaction with CEO for updates and understand organisational strategy and priorities
- Within the company: Periodic interaction with stakeholders (CFO/FD) to obtain feedback and consult / update on changes if any.
- Outside the company: Connect with Senior leadership in other organisations when attending any Finance / industry seminars
Person Specifications :
Essential: Graduate in any degree
Desirable: Post Graduate degree/ diploma in Management
Work Qualifications :
Desirable: LEAN / Six Sigma / KAIZEN
Desirable: Leadership Skills Development
Essential: 10 - 12 years of experience in operations in financial services/ ITES or off shore processing organizations with proven track record in service delivery
- Experience of having worked with multiple stakeholders in the past.
- Transition / migration experience of large processes
Essential: fundamentals of operations management, quality tools
Desirable: understanding of insurance and financial services sectors
Skills & Abilities :
- Analytical ability and Decision making
- Communication, Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Leadership and People management
- Change management
- Planning and Organizing
- Resource Management