Senior Manager - Master Data Management - Consumer Durable (10-20 yrs)
Senior Manager - Master Data Management for one of the Consumer Durable company.
JOB SUMMARY :
- Full ownership and custodianship of MRD (including for Finance, HR Workday, SC, Plant, Materials, Product, Brands, Customer, etc.) used for both management and finance reporting.
- Analyse the business information requirements and design the most effective MRD solution to enable the information requests to be met.
- Assess impact of proposed changes to the MRD and agree timing for implementation in systems.
- Responsible for the operation of dedicated Finance MRD systems and the design/implementation of changes, in conjunction with internal and external teams such as IT, Process, Ops, etc.
- Ensure robust MRD (and where appropriate SARBOX compliant) processes are followed by OPs according to a published timetable.
- Communicate changes to regional and other contacts to ensure that regional systems also contain the latest finance MRD and that regional requests are handled.
- Define the business requirements for Finance MRD interfaces and other finance MRD applications (e.g. Brand Focus Web application, Exchange Rate Tool) and work with IT to ensure that maintenance and delivery of these applications.
- Play an active role within the Information Standards Board and manage the publication of changes from ISO (Information Standards Organisation) to ensure that Finance MRD for currency and countries follows these standards.
- Drive continuous improvement across all live platforms and products and ensure service levels are available, monitored and met.
- Management and development of a virtual team across geography.
KEY REQUIREMENTS :
- Kalido MDM : Full knowledge of how to manage master data in the master data management tools; understand the data model; provide support the operational team.
- Kalido DIW : Full knowledge of the data model and backend tables and views. Provide support the operational team and to AM teams who extract the master data to downstream systems.
- SQL/Oracle : Write queries to resolve issues and to extract master data required by users.
- MS Access/SQL Server: Write queries to resolve issues and to extract master data required by users.
- Excel : Use formulae and Pivot tables to validate master data
- SAP BCS : Understand the table structure and key transaction codes; UCWB, RSA1, RRMX, SE16, ALL1
- SAP : Navigate the key Sirius tables uses SE16 MM03
- Data Analysis : Take the information that a user can prove e.g. a PowerPoint or email and convert to a hierarchy according to the business rules
- Conformance to standards: Understand the product category and organisation definitions; the business rules in BCS; adhere to Sarbanes Oxley for Financial reporting.
- Problem Solving: Investigate master data issues and resolve; support AM team in investigating master data issues
- Communication Skills: Ensure corporate master data changes are communicated to SMEs; Say no if a request cannot be delivered on time; play back the solutions; visualise the solutions.
- Basic background in finance.