Talent Consultant at Women Entrepreneur Network
Views:1254 Applications:308 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:253
Senior Manager/Manager - Finance Operations - Telecom (8-15 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Candidate to have strong subject matter knowledge and think creatively to solve large-scale problems for telecom clients across India and global markets. We look for self-driven individuals that can work effectively in an unstructured work environment and work very closely with project teams to support clients' needs.
- Understand and define the business problem and co-create the proposed solution. Leverage essential knowledge of the leading practices in the industry to develop project scope and approach to solve client problems
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis including data mining, analysis, perform market and secondary research to collect business intelligence and insights
- Work collaboratively with the team in developing project deliverables meeting and exceeding client service and quality standards
- Deliver all client commitments within time/budget constraints
- Drive business development opportunities by proactively translating thought leadership and delivery execution to follow on project opportunities and analysis into consulting
- Develop internal knowledge collateral to help drive the thought leadership within and outside the firm
- Willing to travel internationally and work on site 50-70% of the time at client locations.
Key Project Activities :
- Hold Workshops with client departments to gather and understand client organization structure, processes, policies, procedures, and workflows specifically in the area of Finance Operations which includes, capex planning, opex planning, budgeting cycles etc.
- Identify critical process issues and highlight possible risks.
- Provide recommendations and optimize/improve of Finance processes including controls and KPIs along with any associated Finance reporting
- Provide, negotiate, and analyze the impact of different options for changes in business processes; to fit the needs and special requirements stipulated by client stakeholders.
- Recommend Finance operations/process best-practice including technologies / applications and other IT solutions that can address business needs and supporting the business operating model.
Key skills :
- Experience and understanding of Finance Operations and Planning Processes which includes, capex planning, opex planning, budgeting cycles, finance/capex/opex strategy etc. supported by industry knowledge of the best practices, systems & tools driving efficiency in end-to-end stages
- Understanding of AP (Accounts Payables) and AR (Account Receivables) processes in Telecom Domain
- Functional understanding of the Finance systems and ERP such as SAP, Oracle etc.
- Understanding and experience in Financial Modeling
- Understanding and experience in implementing Finance processes especially around capex planning, opex planning, budgeting, finance strategy etc. along with associate Finance reporting in the telecom domain
- Good knowledge and experience in reviewing, assessing, and designing Finance processes and workflows of following process areas :
c. Funds Management
d. Cash / Treasury Management
e. Cost Management (Capex and Opex)
f. Profitability & Performance Mgmt.
g. Budgeting and Planning
h. Leasing & Property Management
i. Financial Closing, Consolidation & Reporting Management
j. Procurement and Inventory Management
Education and Experience :
- 8+ years of experience across the areas of Finance Operations, Finance Planning/Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- (consulting experience preferable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Advance working knowledge of with MS-Office tools (Visio, Excel, Power Point, and other tools).
- MBA/BE/B.Tech/CA with relevant qualifications
Essential Skills :
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and ability to deal with top corporate clients, large enterprises including CXOs and Senior leadership.
- Consulting experience with similar firms or in industry.
- Candidate should be self-driven with an ability to deliver in high pressure environment
- Excellent research, problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality outputs
Desirable Skills :
- Exposure of working in different/ multiple geographies or global clients outside India would be an added advantage
- Experience / skill sets in areas like data analytics and visualization, project & program management, etc. would be an added advantage