Principal Consultant at Talent Leads Consultants
Views:3495 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:184
Senior Manager - Legal - Movies (6-10 yrs)
Senior Manager -Legal (Film Production and Movies), Mumbai
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Senior Manager Legal shall be responsible for effective and efficient management of the Legal Department, guide, mentor team and provide legal advisory services and ensure effective management of litigation and contractual risks.
Litigation Management :
- Brief and work closely with External Counsels from time to time
- Review ongoing cases, update and advice management accordingly
- Attend Court proceedings for Civil and Criminal Cases along with the External Legal counsel
- Draft Legal Notices for Money recovery, Copyright Infringement, Cheque Bounce matters etc.,
- Maintain an updated Litigation proceedings database and filing for each ongoing case
Contract Drafting and Negotiation :
- Good understanding of subject matter Copyrights Act, Contracts Act specifically with regards to the Media and Entertainment industry (Production and Distribution)
- Drafting, reviewing and vetting of all Film Production, Business and Distribution agreements including contracts for online image platform.
- Creating Templates and guiding team to release contracts within timelines.
- Interact with business partners & vendors to understand the commercials and business terms for executing a contract
Legal Compliance :
- Legal Compliance & Management Reporting
- Review and provide legal advice as required
- Formulate & continuously monitor compliance check-lists for statutory obligations
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate course of actions have been taken
- Head Legal or CFO
- Indirect reporting to other department heads as required by management from time to time