Senior Associate at Iris Corporate Solutions
Views:1940 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Senior Manager - Legal - LLB/LLM (8-14 yrs)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice and support to business teams in all areas affecting the logistics and warehousing business of the relevant Company entities by identifying and analyzing legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance.
- Coordinate extensively with and support logistics legal lead in a) providing advice on strategic matters within the logistics and warehousing business and b) effective running of projects within this space.
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication and relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Participate in the negotiation, drafting, and review of a broad spectrum of commercial contracts, including but not limited to, commercial leases, non-disclosure agreements, settlement agreements, vendor agreements, and transaction documents in connection with Company's logistics and warehousing operations.
- Support and coordinate with the litigation team, security team and government authorities in managing outside counsel on matters related to consumer law, criminal law and general civil matters. Ensure compliance with laws, and deal with authorities in India in relation to the company's business operations within the logistics space.
- Support and coordinate with other practice groups in relation to M&A or similar activities, IP and any regulatory matters that may impact the logistics and warehousing.
- Formulate and implement process-oriented improvements, administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- LL.B degree from reputable institution. LL.M with specialization in corporate law will be considered a benefit but is not compulsory.
- 8+ years of experience in sophisticated environment such as an in-house team at a major MNC or well-known domestic company with large warehousing or logistics operations, or a large law firm with exposure to real estate law, corporate law, litigation, contracts and compliance.
- Significant experience managing work in relation to large complex and highly decentralized organizational clients with multiple stakeholders and a deeply held commitment to, and belief in, the value of collaborative decision-making. Candidates must be able to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- High professional integrity and ethical standards, with a strong commitment to legal ethics exhibited in knowledge and practice, and professional responsibility.
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage diverse assignments and projects, exercising sound judgment and decision-making in prioritization of multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with the company's general counsel, and business partners to clearly and succinctly explain and advise about legal requirements and risks in specific contexts while considering the company's operational objectives.