Team Leader - BFSI at Laksh Human Resource Services
Views:1919 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Senior Manager - Legal - FinTech (5-12 yrs)
C level-funded fintech company
Location: Nahur - Mumbai
Position: Senior Manager - Legal
Experience: 5-12 Years (NBFC Background mandatory)
- The position will also collaborate with other business, finance and treasury teams to support all actions related to agreement diligence, vetting and signing (including ensuring compliance with extant laws), sourcing of legal opinion where required and coordinating with third party legal advisors as needed.
- Helpful but not mandatory will be experience linked to fundraising activities - both equity and debt - particularly debt transactions such as term loans, NCDs, securitization. Prior experience in an NBFC setup is a plus.
- The company enters into standard business agreements with many different type of partners to further business (payment gateways, physical merchants, e-commerce companies, other affiliates). Diligence and vetting of these agreements while providing legal oversight and leadership will also be required.
- This is a higher-level position for candidates with a J.D, which will be based in our offices in Mumbai and as per business need this position may demand traveling to other states for legal-related work.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis.
- Review, analyze and negotiate (legal) private equity and fund investment transaction agreements.
- Review, analyze and negotiate (legal) debt investment transaction agreements between company and lender
- Review, analyze and negotiate (legal) business transactions with different counterparties
- Handle fundraising and transaction processes from origination through closing from a legal standpoint
- Direct outside counsel in connection with transactions and other investment matters.
- Work closely with Tax Team.
- Keep abreast of legal, regulatory and market developments.
- Apply legal principles in a practical way to support and protect the company.
- Agreement Drafting, Vetting and Negotiation (Loan/Lending/online business).
- Good knowledge of RBI guideline & NBFC Compliance.
Desired Skills :
1. NBFC guidelines and policies
2. RBI guideline & statutory compliance
3. Equity funding knowledge
4. Closely worked with the treasury department
5. And have knowledge of Due diligence & funding procedure
6. Minimum 4 years relevant experience
7. Must be (or become) licensed to practice law in Mumbai.
8. Integrity, collegiality, team orientation, and professionalism.
9. Strong analytical abilities, excellent judgment and superior interpersonal skills.
10. Prior work experience at a major law firm and/or in a corporate environment.
11. Ability to work effectively with clients and colleagues in remote locations.
12. Flexibility to shifting demands in an evolving environment.