Director at Vanguard Human Resources
Views:158 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Senior Manager - Legal - Consumer Goods/Consumer Electronics Industry - LLB (8-10 yrs)
- Drafting, vetting, negotiations and documentation of various contracts and other legal & commercial documents. Proactively identify risk exposures and propose mitigation strategies.
- Litigation support and liaising with external legal consultants for specific cases / consumer matters/pending litigations
- Provide compliance support to Company as a whole, as well as advisory and interpretation services in relation to and preparing SOPs as required.
- Provide feedback to internal teams and leadership regarding the design and operation of Corporate Compliance Program, the key issues, the emerging trends, and the effectiveness of compliance program of the Company and conduct trainings for various stakeholders
- Developing and implementing new legal & compliance policies and shall take lead in defining, implementing compliance process in line with statutory laws along with Business Principles and policies as they relate to the business.
- Partner with the internal business teams and governance groups (e.g., HR, Finance, Regulatory, Marketing, Service Team) and handling Inter departmental queries on legal issues and proactively issue advisory
- Coordination with the external consultants from time to time to better manage the legal and compliance issues.
- Should be updated with respect to amendment in regulations/laws impacting the Company and keep management updated on the same
- Liaising with governmental officials on compliance matters. Represent company and other senior officials of the Company in front of the Judicial/Quasi-Judicial/Central and State authorities.
- Legal counsel to support and liase with external consultants to manage Litigations/consumer matters
- Represent the organisation in various forums and liase with govt officials
- Exposure to Consumer goods related contracts (endorsements, marketing, HR and others)
- Advisory role to various functions within the Company
- Exposure to local laws & Compliances
- Manage external and internal stakeholders (young start up culture) including synergies with HQ.
Expectation from the Candidate
A Law graduate with a minimum 8+ years working experience in the field of corporate legal compliances.
- Experience in Consumer Goods/Consumer Electronics industry is preferred.
- Experience in multinational companies is preferred.
- Well conversant with applicable laws including but not limited to Companies Act, FEMA, Data Privacy, EHS and other various law compliances.
- Good in cross-department coordination capability and communication skill and ability to influence key stakeholders and the leadership for approvals on compliance strategy.