Senior Manager - Legal & Company Secretary - Real Estate/Retail (6-14 yrs)
Job Description Summary
Department: Legal and Company Secretary
Legal professional with 6-14 + yrs. of real estate experience. Exposure to real estate laws, Companies Act, FEMA, FDI, mergers & acquisitions, SEZ, and Land acquisitions.
Primary Job responsibilities
Work Location: Bangalore
- Ensure Term contracts, Lease/Leave & License Agreements, deeds, and contract templates are as per the corporate requirements.
- Advise management on statutory requirements in relation to Company's business, Investments
- Ensure Compliance to Applicable laws
- Organize and monitor arbitration proceedings if any
- Implement quality procedures and systems, identify & suggest areas of improvement in existing processes
- Keep abreast of FDI regulations, Commercial or Corporate Laws, Companies Act, Tax laws, SEZ, FVCI, SEBI, and other regional development rules & regulations.
- Assist in negotiations, structuring transactions, Due Diligence, Title investigations, local legislation and protection of Intellectual Property
- Liaison with government agencies and departments.
- Highlight to management on critical legal issues, changes in rules and regulations, and follow up on the implementation of the same
- Process and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and other reporting requirements
- Exposure and experience in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Drafting and vetting of Share Purchase / Subscription Agreements, Debenture Subscription Agreement, Sale Deeds, Loan Agreements etc.