Co-Founder at HiringHawk.com
Views:316 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Senior Manager - Internal Audit - Insurance - CA (4-10 yrs)
The Role :
This role assists the Head of Internal Audit to ensure that the units audited have in place a sound system of internal control and risk management with adequate established policies, procedures and guidelines, operating and accounting controls that are complied with and operating effectively in promoting efficiency, proper conduct and protecting the assets of the company. Make the necessary recommendations for improvement and rectifications of weaknesses.
Planning and execution of audits:
1) Assist the Head of Internal Audit to identify audit universe and plan for audits at appropriate intervals.
2) Ensure the completion of all planned audits within the budgeted time and cost.
3) Continuous assessment of internal and external business risks, development and oversight of audit plan covering identified risks, effective use of audit resources, coordination of plan within the India Audit Committee and other stakeholders.
4) Assist business IA teams on evaluating the application controls of systems that support the business process under review.
5) Conduct operational / other business process audits to assess the soundness, adequacy, compliance, and cost- effectiveness of the operational, financial, and information systems & controls.
6) Develop audit program and test procedures based on the risks and test objectives.
7) Identify and communicate control deficiencies to IA management and business clients.
8) Lead routine to moderately complex audits of processes for assigned business units.
Internal Business Processes:
1) Implement and enhance audit methodologies to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in conducting audit assignments and reviews.
2) Documents work within accepted audit and departmental standards
3) Interacts with business clients to understand processes, risks; controls; develops process maps; conducts testing; and assists with the preparation of audit reports
4) Prepare draft audit reports and special review reports for discussion with Management.
5) Tracks and follows up on open audit issues and key business initiatives
Desired Experience :
- CA with experience in the auditing field of Life/General/Health insurance companies is preferred.
- Big 4 experience in Internal Audit of Insurance companies.