AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:232 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager - Information Technology - IIT/NIT/BITS (10-12 yrs)
We are looking for Senior Manager IT role with one of the leading and renowned science and technology University.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities :
- IT Infrastructure planning, design, implementation, maintenance and budget estimation for CAPEX and OPEX for the campus.
- Installation and configuration of Routers, Switches, Firewall, Servers and Voice Gateways. Installation of OS, Applications on Servers and Users- IT systems.
- Providing helpdesk support of Hardware, Networking, Storage, High Performance Computing and System Administration related issues & functions like User Access Control, Backup & Restoration, Patch Management, Virus Management, Spam Management, etc. Ensuring LAN / WAN connectivity across the campus and hostels.
- Taking care of IT Asset Management and Vendor Management.
- Managing and maintaining VoIP and CCTV services.
- Supporting events and meetings with the Audio/ Video Conference/Tele-presence and media servers. Supporting ERP/application related issues
- Timely update of the comprehensive IT Policy through a consultative process involving all-campus IT Managers and the all-campus IT-Service Advisory Panel / Team and subsequent implementation of these policies including the security related policies and procedures as per the IT security standards.
- Executing Standard Operating Processes and Policies of the department. Preparing daily IT documentation for the purpose of internal and external audit.
- Creating Mailing and Messaging policies through consultative process and implementing it. Creating and maintaining an internal mailing system for highly sensitive internal communication and emergency fall back purposes.
- Leading and managing the Information and Communication Technology teams & personnel.
- Managing various ICT systems including computers, work stations, routers, voice, data and office automation.
- Evaluating campus- current ICT related requirements and developing overall roadmap to meet future requirements for continuous improvement.
- Working with departments and units to support their ICT aims and objectives, assisting n development of short and long term computing and technology priorities.
Should have Sound Knowledge of :
- Operating systems, networks, software applications and hardware platforms.
- Planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure methodically.
- Installation and configuration of Routers, Switches, Firewall, Servers and Voice Gateways.
- Should have the ability to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders such as faculty and staff members, administrators, external agencies, commercial and government entities, etc. Should have experience working with vendors, negotiating contracts and extracting contract and service level delivery.
- Should have the ability to develop a vision for adopting emerging educational technologies to address teaching and learning needs.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
Qualification and Personal Profile :
- B.E. / B. Tech./ MCA (CS/IT/EEE/ECE) from a reputed institution with minimum of 12 years- experience in ICT usage /management OR M.E. (CS/IT) from a reputed institution with 10 years- experience in ICT usage / management.
- Should have minimum required certifications: CCNA and CCNP / Juniper certification and ITIL. Should have minimum 6-7 years- experience of Data Centre / Academic Network managing minimum 3000 nodes
- Should have proven experience of developing and implementing ICT strategic and tactical plans, program development, project planning & management, budget planning.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience of working in an educational institution.
Note : Experience is relaxable at the discretion of the institute in the case of candidate otherwise well qualified and/or experienced.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.