Research Associate at ACH Management Consulting
Views:1163 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Senior Manager - Indirect Taxation - Customs FTP (5-12 yrs)
Proper interpretation of the law of Customs and Policy (FTP) :
Each and every activity to be carried out by the department with proper analysis keeping in mind of the law and its recent changes being made.
- Monitoring of various closure Applications to be made towards obtaining the Exports Obligation Discharge Certificate (EODC) before JDGFT office of - Advance The authorization, EPCG, by the company and question of Redemption status. (JDGFT is declaring as a - defaulter-, in case of not filing the timely application for EODC by the company).
- Monitoring of various - Bonds- given before - Customs- towards Advance
The authorization, EPCG by the company and question of Redemption status. (Customs are issuing the Red alert notices in case if the Bond is not redeemed in time by the company).
- Ensuring the timely exports realization and Advance alert message to the concern departments to get the realization so that the Authorisations can be closed properly.
- Ensuring the timely advance intimations of at least 6 months prior circulars to the concern plant/ PPMC team members for the pendency of the Authorisations and continuous monitoring with plants.
- Timely ensuring the Destruction and consumption of the Policy Circular - 9 (popularly called the PC-9).
- Timely ensuring the MEIS applications.
- MIS report to the senior management for MEIS position
Duty Drawback -
- Initiating the booking of the DBK on provision basis - in the Books of Accounts, for each shipment wise.
- Monitoring the DBK pending status with reasons to trigger the exact reasons to yield the amounts.
- Ensuring that no free shipments are made by the company unless the value of the shipment is very low.
Customs - Imports :
- Ensuring that the company is using all the Imports notifications properly with its conditions and strictly following each notification to avoid the future litigations such as - DSIR ( 51/1996) . Advance Authorisation (18/2015), MEIS (24/2015), EPCG (16/2015), Electronic Goods ( 24/2005 & 25/2005), 50/2017 ( list - 1 and list 3 exemption notification ), Indo - Korean Agreement (152/2009 ) and also to ensure that the company is not paying single rupee towards the - Basic Customs Duty - through cash.
- Ensuring the correct classification while filing the bill of entry.
Customs - Exports:
Ensuring the timely EGM for all the Shipments and taking initiative for the pending EGM and circulation to the concern.
CHA/ shipping agencies - day to day Bills Scrutiny :
- Ensuring the proper agreements with all the CHA/ Shippers/ Transporters/ shipping agencies.
- Ensuring each and every bill given with complete scrutiny with its narration and charges raised on company.
- Timely market study for getting the comparison for getting better quotes and services from the CHA's.
As on date penalties are paid before the Customs for not filing the bill of entry in time .The root cause analysis needs to be studied and corrective measures to be taken to avoid such payments by the company. ( from April, 18 to August 18 for 5 months period - we have paid Rs. 21 lacs ).
Initiating of various MIS reports and its proper circulation to the senior management for bringing to the notice and for quicker resolution and to keep control of the activities.
IT development :
Company should depend on systems rather than manual intervention. Keeping the long run interest of the company maximum level of integration of the IT is important . Time to time focus with dedication of time with interest in developing the system through IT, is need of hour.
Training to the Inter department
There are lot of changes being made from time to time which needs to be circulated among the team members on day to day basis for better implementation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.