Senior Manager - Impact Evaluation & Monitoring - NGO (3-8 yrs)
We are a looking for an M&E Manager, who would be responsible for monitoring progress on classroom observations, developing appropriate metrics for impact (both short-term and long-term) and working with national research agencies to pilot new techniques to measure the impact of teacher training programmes in India. Along, with these responsibilities the manager would also be responsible for designing a monitoring and evaluation strategy for the schools.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Lead design of monitoring and evaluation framework and the tools for different programmes.
- Evaluate performance of all core programmes through tools defined in the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
- Produce periodic reports of the evaluation for internal use and for funder reports.
- Lead monitoring and impact evaluation internally or collaborate with external agencies, analyse findings from such evaluations and use learnings to inform programme design.
- Ensure timely implementation of monitoring projects with a strong focus on execution and quality assurance - including data validity checks, analysis / interpretation and editorial support.
- Lead research projects to collect and analyse data from organisations across India and abroad to build evidence which can be used to inform practitioners, funders and policy makers within the education sector.
- Empowering and supporting the team to drive high-quality implementation of M&E priorities.
Qualification and Qualities:
- Master's degree in public health, education, statistics, economics or related field.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in private or public sector organisations; including demonstrated success in research management and monitoring and evaluation programs.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation methods (qualitative and quantitative), including experience developing monitoring and evaluation plans, tools, training materials, reports and summary forms.
- Excellent quantitative, problem solving, analytical and statistical analysis skills (including strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with STATA or SAS).
- Capacity to synthesize monitoring data into effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement.
- Strong alignment with our mission of providing quality education and building stronger education ecosystems in India
- Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus with key stakeholders.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems in the application of research and evaluation methods without extensive structural or operational support.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
- Openness to listen, learn and contribute beyond the confines of this role
- Hard working, detail orientated, tenacious and systematic
- Enthusiastic to do whatever it takes willing to take personal accountability for delivery
- Enjoys working under pressure: flexible, highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.